Show me your Garage!

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

121gigawatts

My favorite thread on every car enthusiast forum is always the "garage" thread, where members show off their stable. This makes even more sense given EV owners have to get even more creative with charging. I want to see them! Show me your garage / charging stations! Im in the middle of spring cleaning and need some inspiration!

I'll go first. Installing solar panels and there's a lot of dust at the moment. Going from 60a service in the garage to 100a to make two 32a Chargepoints work at the same time. I'm about 2/3 of the way done with the solar install, and when the everythings finished I'd like to add some style.

No you really don't want to see my garage as there is nothing redeemable about it.

In fact, the Bolt hates the garage so much that I had to appease it by doing this: (Yeah ok; the real story about that is here)
boltextension2.jpg

jmueller065 said:
No you really don't want to see my garage as there is nothing redeemable about it.

In fact, the Bolt hates the garage so much that I had to appease it by doing this: (Yeah ok; the real story about that is

Thats a creative solution. I cant believe the city enforced that rule on a cul de sac.. Either the sidewalk must have been in pretty bad shape or your city has very little to do.

121gigawatts said:
Thats a creative solution. I cant believe the city enforced that rule on a cul de sac.. Either the sidewalk must have been in pretty bad shape or your city has very little to do.

The city enforces that rule everywhere. They divided up the area into regions and every spring/summer a new region is "scanned" and troublesome sidewalks are marked for repair. Once they are done with all the regions they just keep going starting over at the first.

To be honest: Ours really needs the repair and we were planning on it anyway (can't really see it in that photo but the apron is crumbling pretty bad).

WOW, nice set ups guys. I also got an Evbox, got it installed a year ago by the best garage experts from my town . I moved in US, but never sold that house. Charged my Wv e Golf. I don’t have any photos at the moment, but I will try to find some photos with that garage. Awesome car, drove over 40 000 km in 3 years. Maintenace was really easy. Those garage experts who installed the Evbox, where super awesome as well. They have guaranteed that the charging box will hold up for many years. They also repaired my garage door, and made it to run flawlessly.

ypspidsi said:
WOW, nice set ups guys. I also got an Evbox, got it installed a year ago by the best garage experts from my town. I moved in US, but never sold that house. Charged my Wv e Golf. I don’t have any photos at the moment, but I will try to find some photos with that garage. Awesome car, drove over 40 000 km in 3 years. Maintenace was really easy. Those garage experts who installed the Evbox, where super awesome as well. They have guaranteed that the charging box will hold up for many years. They also repaired my garage door, and made it to run flawlessly.

The e Golf is a very nice car, but I think that tesla is better, and safer. Anyway having an electric charger in the garage is a awesome thing.

Great idea with the solar panels. How much did you invest in all this? I'm still using a generator but I'd like to get at least a few solar panels soon. I'm also planning on getting some custom garage doors so if you have any ideas or recommendations, I'll appreciate it. My garage needs a transformation because it's getting out of control. Also, what extension for the charging station do you have? I was thinking about the Mustart one but didn't find so many reviews about it. Thanks in advance.

Back