Key In Fob

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akua

Silly question, but can anyone tell me what the purpose of having the metal key inside the fob is for?
In what scenario would someone use it? Leave the fob in the car and carry the key around?

Thanks,

I had to use it just last month. Returned from a day flight and the car would not unlock. I usually keep my key in my carry-on so I thought I lost the key. Then I tried to use the app to unlock the car but the app could not connect. So I tore my carry-on apart and found the key and it was then I realized the battery was dead...and then everything made sense. The parking garage people kindly helped me and was surprised when the car started without making any noise :lol:

This is one of those cases where one of the systems on the focus likely stayed on and didn't get shut off when I parked. Battery has been find since...but I really should look into those lithium jump start modules.

Davideos,

Those Schumacher units work quite well, I have one and I also use it to charge stuff if the power goes out in the winter

Back