An online Ford Focus Electric Forum discussion group

It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: PCM programming update
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:13 pm 

Is it worth it to pay $480 for a bunch of modules update? Can I do it with Forscan? Could some one help me with this? I need to tell the dealer by tomorrow if they should go ahead with the update or not. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:39 pm 

ForScan cannot update firmware (
Why update?

Last edited by Dobrinia on Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:07 am 

Sounds like a ripoff scam to me. I suppose if you like giving away money for nothing you could do that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:49 am 

Thanks all. I've decided not to go ahead with the update. To give you a little story. I experienced the SSN after parking under hot condition during summer and I finally have time to take it to the dealer. They charged me $160 just to diagnose and told me there's a bunch of updates to the module that they'll do for $480 including the $160 diagnose fee. I smelled something fishy about this but just want to confirm with you guys. They car runs ok after that one incident of SSN and I'm only using this car for another two years then I'll move on to another EV.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:57 pm 

F that dealer. Never give them any more business. A SSN error should have been a warranty claim and they should have followed any FSAs and updated your modules under warranty. It would probably have taken less than 30 minutes with a laptop and IDS to update the modules. I suppose I could be wrong since I am only speculation on what it would take but it sure smells like they are just trying to shake you down.