Add original CCS Combo in car 2012-2015

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dobrinia

I recently bought my 2014 Ford Focus Electric and want to add fast charging DC CCS Combo to it from car 2017-2018 years.
I would really like the forum users to help as well. If someone can take a picture of a car of 2017-2018 without an engine cover, it would be very helpful!
In this topic, I will collect all the necessary information, a list of spare parts and show how to install them.
The cost of all used parts of approximately $ 1000-1500

List of required parts:
1) Original DC module 10E994B on scheme - ~500-800$
2) Original Wiring 14290 on scheme ~200$
3) Original Wiring 14B308 on scheme ~200$
4) Left front fender with flap ~200$

The scheme of components and parts from microcat:
ccs2.jpg

Type of engine compartment cars 2017:
ccs1.png

Electric scheme:
gfm1.jpg
gfm3.jpg
gfm4.jpg
gfm5.jpg
gfm6.jpg
gfm7.jpg
gfm8.jpg
gfm2.jpg

I would imagine the battery wires go to the "DC module" then to the HV junction box on top of the TCM instead of going straight to the HV junction box on the pre CCS cars.

Hello.
I found the GFM2 unit and the wire from the module to the engine.
As well as the schemes required for installation. Added schemas in the first post of the topic.
All I need is a charging port with wiring ... Can anyone help me find this part in America?

Is it working? Did you manage to mount everything?
I want to find the Type 2 port. I am in EU and public stations have Type 2 EU plugs. My car has Type1.

I have a Type 2 (2 phase) installation plan.
1 phase will power the built-in 10B689 charger and give it to a 6.6kW battery. (Originally)

I want to mount the second charger 10B689 in the engine compartment, which will be fed from phase 2 and also give 6.6 kW to the battery. (Additional)

With the engine there is room for mounting the second 10B689 and the possibility of attaching a cooling system to the pipes.

Popular AC 3 phase AC 240V 32A connectors in Poland. I want to use the potential. This will allow me to charge the battery on the route with 2 phase with the power of 13.2kW / h

I need a wiring diagram for 10B689.

Greetings
I bought all the parts, I plan to install in the near future.
The first step I will install the original charging for charging with direct current. Spare parts for her in the photo below.
ccs3.jpg

ccs4.jpg

After I successfully complete the first stage, I will add AC charging to the two unused phases.
These will be six power supplies for telecommunications connected in series (model eltek flatpack2 3000w 48v). They will work together with the original charging until the battery capacity reaches about 80%. These 6 blocks I bought for $200.
I plan to charge 20 ... 24kW
flatpack2.jpg

Sebuś said:
Can you share the 10B689 scheme?
http://electroscheme.org/uploads/files/focus/schematic_2012-2016-charging.zip without CCS
http://electroscheme.org/uploads/files/focus/schematic_2017-2018-charging.zip with CCS

The original charge is very big ..
In addition, it will be difficult to make two original charges work. It is controlled by the CAS bus, and also includes the main relay, cooling, etc.
I wonder if you can do it!

I installed the GFM2 block in accordance with the original diagrams and added the port of the charging line.
Errors in the diagnosis, he does not write.
But charging does not start (
Are there people on the forum who do fast charging in general? CCS1
Need your help

IMG_20190405_002430.jpg
IMG_20190405_002446.jpg

I suspect you need different firmware in the car to see this.

Dobrinia said:
I installed the GFM2 block in accordance with the original diagrams and added the port of the charging line.
Errors in the diagnosis, he does not write.
But charging does not start (
Are there people on the forum who do fast charging in general? CCS1
Need your help

In which blocks you need to update the firmware?
I updated in SOBDM to the current version
In the GFM2 block, the firmware is the freshest
It remains to update the firmware in the battery, but I am afraid that the firmware of the batteries for 2012-2016 and 2017+ are not compatible....

SOBDM updated on-line? What strategy do you have? What version? Can you specify the configuration from ForScan?
Battery 12-16 has different software than 17-18. Do you have a 17-18 battery? Do not update on-line because you will lose battery compatibility. The 12-16 battery does not work in a 17-18 car, but the 17-18 battery works in a 12-16 car.
My car yesterday has been fully updated, TCM, PCM, APIM, SOBDM, BCM, PSCM, BECM, ABS, = On-Line.

Back