Charge port rain / snow cover?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triangles

I know I've seen discussed on here before but I can't seem to find it. Sorry for starting another thread on the topic. My Model 3 has booted the FFE out of the garage so for the first time it will no longer have a warm comfy garage to charge in over winter. I'm trying to come up with a cheap easy cover to keep the snow and ice out. For those who have had to charge outside how do you deal with keeping snow and ice from becoming a problem with the charge port?

I simply used gloves on my hands to brush the snow/ice off before unplugging when I parked the FFE outside.

The Bolt is currently outside and I'm doing the same thing--so far its a little worse than the FFE was as the way the Bolt's door closes leaves more snow behind it than the FFE's circle thing (surprisingly!).

Interesting. I figured snow and ice would be a problem. I was thinking about making a "tent" and embedding some neodymium magnets in the material. I have the magnets just laying around and figure it would be quick and easy. I guess it's all kind of moot until I get my car back from the dealer. Day 3 and no diagnosis on what the problem is yet. I have this sinking feeling it will be a while before I get my FFE back. :(

Back