An online Ford Focus Electric Forum discussion group

It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:56 pm 

Well my FFE is back to it's old dead 12V antics. :evil: Updated details in my 8-22-17 timeline post. This time the culprit seems to be the BECM Battery Energy (or Electronics depending on what reference you believe) Control Module. I may have gotten lucky and caught an intermittent problem. I reset the BECM fuse and all seemed ok again. We'll see if this issue comes back. I believe the BECM is in the upper battery pack. Does anyone know what it does?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:21 am 

So I charged the 12V overnite unhooked from the car. And performed another draw down test. 1.32A. I didn't have time to see if the BECM was still the culprit. So I hooked the 12V back up and when I got in to go to work, I got the yellow wrench and battery depleted message shown below.
ImageImage
Car had been parked a few days earlier with a 77% charge. I couldn't get a green ready to drive indicator :( So I plugged it in to charge and the car indicated it would take 4.6 hours to charge! :shock: 45 minutes later I get a charge complete text message and observe a 100% charge with the battery showing yellow and 1 mi indicated range on my phone. Going to read the DTCs at lunch and see if I can get her to drive.
update: There was a boat load of DTCs all related to low 12V or lost communication (probably due to low 12v.) Nothing specific about the HV battery and no errors from the BECM. The car started and I could drive it but it was not happy at first. Started out with 1 mi on the GOM and just slowly went up from there as I drove. It got up into the 40's before it stopped rising. I took the pic below as it was rising.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:52 am 

Should have posted this on November 12:
Since my last post I figured out that pulling the F11 fuse while the car is on is what causes the car to freak out and think the HV battery is depleted when you next power on the car. I did some more trouble shooting and it looks like the BECM is indeed the culprit. Car still functions normally but when off the BECM causes a 1.3A load on the 12V battery. On November 8th I made an appointment for first thing in the morning November 13. I dropped it off after hours November 12. Last word from the dealer was on November 15 that diagnostics weren't conclusive. I take that to mean they are waiting on Ford to tell them what to do about the BECM. Does anyone know where the BECM is located in the car?

Updated this 8/22/17 post timeline with details.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:15 pm 

Good luck, hope the dealer can fix it once for all.