An online Ford Focus Electric Forum discussion group

It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:05 am 

In a couple weeks I will be saying good by to my Focus Electric. This is my only electric i have ever owned. With over 5 years of owner ship I would have to say it has been a positive experiance. With 49000 miles driven the battery has maintained about 85% of its original capacity. This has done better than expected. And yes the replacement is also an all electric. It has the original tires. The tires are not down to the wear bars yet. If I had to do another winter they would get replaced. The replacement vehicle will have a driving rang of 310 miles.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:05 pm 

Sad your FFE is going away. I am certain you will enjoy that new EV. I've had my 310 mi EV for about a month and I absolutely love it. I find myself making excuses to drive it. So far my only major complaints are vampire drain and the way it handles MP3's from a thumb drive.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:42 pm 

jeffand wrote:
In a couple weeks I will be saying good by to my Focus Electric. This is my only electric i have ever owned. With over 5 years of owner ship I would have to say it has been a positive experiance. With 49000 miles driven the battery has maintained about 85% of its original capacity. This has done better than expected. And yes the replacement is also an all electric. It has the original tires. The tires are not down to the wear bars yet. If I had to do another winter they would get replaced. The replacement vehicle will have a driving rang of 310 miles.

Getting a Tesla?

We may do that too. Thinking about it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:08 am 

jloucks wrote:
jeffand wrote:

Getting a Tesla?

We may do that too. Thinking about it.

Yes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:09 am 

hopefully you're going to get yourself something better that won't make you miss it too much. each of the 3 times that i sold my 5+ years owning car, i was missing it a lot, as if i was selling a family member. not sure if i'm the only one getting so affected when selling cars, especially those i owned for more than 5 years.