Radio in 2013 FFE quit working

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merkurmaniac

So my daugther tells me that the touchscreen quit working in her 2013 FFE. When I finally get in the car, the touchscreen is fine, but the radio will not play. The phone connects in bluetooth, but no sound. Then, I realize that the entire radio is dead. Touchscreen is fine, but the power, volume, source, etc... is dead. I thought.... good, much better than the touchscreen going bad. I pop the hood, and figure I will start with the fuse. There are numbered fuses and relays in the box under the hood, but no labels. There is also some smoky dust under the cover of the fusebox, so that's not good, but it is a clue. I did some googling looking for the radio fuse, and have been unsuccessful in finding which one it is. What is the ford parlance for the head unit ? "RADIO" or "ENTERTAINMENT UNIT" ??

Anyone been there/done that ?

I am hoping that someone in the car was playing it too loud and popped a fuse, but that seems real unrealistic. No other electric features are inoperable, as far as I can tell, like the door locks work, etc... I am expecting that there is a second fuse box somewhere, but the one under the hood has evidence of a burned fuse or relay. I didn't want to have to begin by pulling all of them, one at a time.

TIA,
Richard

I searched before I posted, and found nothing. Right after I hit post, I found this thread:

http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2335

Should prove helpful, I think.

This happened to me when I first got my 2013 last september. I remember I was able to reboot the system and it all came back online with the radio working fine. I forget exactly what I had to do though.

Our 2013's display started to lose abilities and hade to be re-booted a lot. Finally one day the car wouldn't run at all. The 12v auxiliary battery was dead. Replaced the battery and all is well. I then read that a wonkly display is a sign the battery is on the way out the door. Worth checking yours if the other solutions don't help, especially if you still have the original battery.

pulling the fuse for the radio, fuses 79 and 81 worked ! I cant saw which, as I pulled, then reseated them both. Cool

Back