An online Ford Focus Electric Forum discussion group

It is currently Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Car will not start
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:37 am 

Any updates Carbuff? Or Kinshi?

So when I got my car back two weeks ago, the 12v battery was dead when I tried to leave work later the same day that I got it back. This pissed me off as I had asked the dealer to check it like 2 months earlier, and asked again when I picked up the car. They'd said the 12v battery tested good. I stomped off to the nearest hardware store, luckily only 1/2 mile away and bought an overpriced jump starter that luckily was fully charged. I put in a new battery rather than waste more time bothering the dealer .

Monday this week it was raining, I drove through some puddles, and just as I got home the yellow wrench showed up. Here we go again I thought. I shut off the car in the garage and slept fitfully with visions of that dreadful red SSN box. Luckily in the morning the wrench was gone, no more rain and all is well since then.

After reading triangles' suggestion about the HV connection in the left rear wheel well, I'm thinking I could fabricate a watertight box and glue it in place over that connector with liberal amounts of caulk window sealant. Preferably before the next time it rains. Would that work?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:25 pm 

Sorry to hear you still have an issue. I would check the codes on the computer and see what it says. Should be something there if you had a wrench light. As for my car. Its been weeks since the dealer received my motor to install. Supposedly my car will be done tomorrow. but it was supposed to be done on tuesday too. Im not holding my breath. Im on my 3rd ford customer service girl. LOL. Maybe the other 2 gave up and quit. Or they got sick of my sarcasm. LOL.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:00 am 

Today's the day you get it back! I can feel it! (Sorry for more half sarcastic optimism.)

I'm determined to try to fix it myself if I can. Without doing anything to endanger the super duper warranty of course. It's time to buy one of those MX bluetooth readers. Yeah I've gotten copy-and-paste emails from 3 or 4 other Ford CSMs who I never talked to on the phone.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:55 am 

Thanks for the support. LOL. The car is still not responding to pings from the MFM app so I know its not put back together yet. So I wont be getting anything today. :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:50 pm 

So, the car is alive again according to the MFM app. Its been driven half a mile. But its also alerted me of 2 charge faults. Im told the car will be ready monday or tuesday. Yawn.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:09 pm 

Seems like every Friday they tell you it should be ready Tuesday? Yawn.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12