just leased a 2018 FFE for 230/2600 all included, wear too

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krishna81m

Just leased a 2018 FFE for 230 per month 2600 down all tax/fees included, wear and tear up to 6000$ too. Curious, if there was any better deal than this in Northern California ;)

That said, is there any page to treat and get the best out of this car?

Would charging from regular power socket for 30 min. a day makes sense or wait until it drops to 20% for a power charge to 80%?

Will keeping the car in sun or cold really lower battery capacity? Will keeping in shade/garage help a lot?

Did anyone try charging from Ford dealers free charging stations? Is there a way to find free or cheaper charging stations in the bay area?

krishna81m said:
Just leased a 2018 FFE for 230 per month 2600 down all tax/fees included, wear and tear up to 6000$ too. Curious, if there was any better deal than this in Northern California ;)

That said, is there any page to treat and get the best out of this car?

Would charging from regular power socket for 30 min. a day makes sense or wait until it drops to 20% for a power charge to 80%?

Will keeping the car in sun or cold really lower battery capacity? Will keeping in shade/garage help a lot?

Did anyone try charging from Ford dealers free charging stations? Is there a way to find free or cheaper charging stations in the bay area?
No don't charge it for 30 minutes from a regular outlet. I think 40% to 80% is a good range for the battery to be in. Yes, being in extreme temperature is bad for the battery so keep it in the shade or garage if possible. Use plugshare and chargepoint apps to find free charging.

If I lived in CA or OR I would love to lease a Honda Clarity EV for $1500 down and $199/mo for 20,000 mile yearly limit.

Elektra said:
krishna81m said:
I think 40% to 80% is a good range for the battery to be in

Thanks, when it does go down to 40%, is slow charging from regular home garage 3 pin outlet socket for an hour better than quick charge at charging stations?

And, is it recommended to charge only once after it reaches 80% vs charging an hour or two daily when it reaches close to 40% and drive around 60%-70%?

Honda Clarity's were out the within few days, none available.

you need to be a little more specific. My 50A 240V outlet is a 3 pin outlet as are my 120V 15A outlets. It also depends on what you are calling quick charge stations. I do all my charging on L2 (240V). This is NOT quick charging. L3 is high voltage DC charging is what I would call quick charging. L3 charging is what I would avoid unless I am traveling some distance and need the charge asap. While it's small, L3 charging puts measurable wear and tear on the battery. L2 charging generally does not. L1 (120V) charging is essentially trickle charging and takes 4-5x times longer than L2 charging. There's no reason to L1 charge over L2 unless you don't have access to 240V or don't want to spend the money on a L2 EVSE and can deal with the very slow charge times.

I would never let a depleted battery sit if at all avoidable. leaving it sit fully charged while not good, is not as bad, plus the car doesn't let you charge to a true 100% SOC. It's actually about 90% SOC when the car reads 100%. If I know I'm going to let it sit for a while and I need to charge it, I usually try to run a quick errand after charging so it's not quite fully charged when I let it sit. After 3.5 years I am down to 17.7kWh usable from 19ish kWh my car had when new. Supposedly most degradation occurs in the first couple years then it levels off and degrades very slowly over time.

Sucks but my Ford Focus electric won't start after a month and its been a month it has been stuck in dealership while I am paying for the monthly lease.

Fremont Ford does not even answer calls and I have initiated a lease cancel hoping to get my full payment, lease and accidental damage warranty.

Sorry this had to happen to you. It sucks that ford takes all the excitement of having an electric car and turns it into a negative experience. I feel your pain. LOL.

Back