Total Loss at 95,453 Miles

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zenmon

I am sad to report that my 2012 FFE was t-boned last week and I got news form the insurance company that the estimator stopped adding when the cost got over $10K.

Bummer.

Thats a bummer for sure. Any idea what the insurance company will give you? That was a nearly $40k vehicle when new. Possibly get the money and the wrecked car for cheap. I bet you would get a couple grand for the battery alone. Or even just resell the wreck for parts for a profit.

The good news, is that for that same $10K, you can buy a used 2012 will less miles on it than the one that's totaled. Financially a better deal for the insurance company.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/Used+Cars/Electric/Ford/Grandview+MO-64030?zip=64030&fuelTypeGroup=ELE&modifySearchId=170189626&listingTypes=Used&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&lastExec=1516323008000&firstRecord=0&endYear=2019&makeCodeList=FORD&searchRadius=0

campfamily said:
The better news is.....you're here and able to share this experience. Sounds like you weren't injured, thank goodness.

Keith

For sure!!!!

The better news is.....you're here and able to share this experience. Sounds like you weren't injured, thank goodness.

Keith

I was offered $10.5K form the insurance company which I accepted. A local dealer is advertising new 2017s for $23.4K with cloth interior and $24.6K with leather and premium paint. I am going to check them out on my way home tonight.

Zen

Zenmon said:

Keith

I was offered $10.5K form the insurance company which I accepted. A local dealer is advertising new 2017s for $23.4K with cloth interior and $24.6K with leather and premium paint. I am going to check them out on my way home tonight.

Zen

Make sure Freight is already in those prices.

I bought a new 2017 FFE to replace my totaled 2012. My first impression after driving the 2017 for 5 days is that everything is a little better on the 2017 vs the 2012. I expected the range to be 50% better, but the 2017 drives like the range is double the 2012. The 2017 has exceeded my expectations, which has helped me get over being upset about not being able to drive the 2012 for two more years. However I miss the self-dimming rearview mirror and the HomeLink garage door opener. Friday it rained and I found out that the moisture sensing wipers were removed also. I was lucky that nobody was hurt in the accident and to need a car when Ford was trying to move their 2017s before the start of their Momorial Day sales push.

Zen

I don't think you can add the rain sensing wipers but you can add the Homelink visor. It's plug n play. Just make sure you get the clips that the visors lock into as well. The diameter is different with the non-homelink visor. I added the homelink to my 2014 by simply swapping the visors and clips from a 2012. I'd imagine you could do the rearview but that might be more involved hacking into the wiring above the overhead console to get it working.

Back