An online Ford Focus Electric Forum discussion group

It is currently Mon May 28, 2018 12:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Car will not start
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:04 am 

WOW how long has it been that they're jerking you around? You know, if you put an order in for a Tesla Model 3 now, you just might get it before Ford is done picking their rear trying to figure out what to do with your FFE! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:59 am 

Carbuff I don't know about you, at this point the apathy has fully settled in, I just keep putting gas in the Corolla (feel like it's my car now) and hanging on out of morbid curiosity to see how much longer they can drag it out. 16 weeks and counting.

I'm not even waiting on an expensive motor or a battery that has to be flatbed shipped. it's just supposed to be a couple of high-voltage connector parts.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:21 am 

triangles wrote:
WOW how long has it been that they're jerking you around? You know, if you put an order in for a Tesla Model 3 now, you just might get it before Ford is done picking their rear trying to figure out what to do with your FFE! :lol:

Thats the whole thing. I cant afford a model 3. LOL. So, its either fix this car or never have an electric car again. I have to check with the dealer again to make sure that the part was ordered, and that theyre not waiting on any paperwork from ford or any such nonsense.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:31 am 

tinilk wrote:
Carbuff I don't know about you, at this point the apathy has fully settled in, I just keep putting gas in the Corolla (feel like it's my car now) and hanging on out of morbid curiosity to see how much longer they can drag it out. 16 weeks and counting.

I'm not even waiting on an expensive motor or a battery that has to be flatbed shipped. it's just supposed to be a couple of high-voltage connector parts.

I know how you feel. Just when you forget about it, some idiot (lol) asks you where your car is. At least Ive got a somewhat interesting car now. The Ecosport. People will ask me about it and such. I would call the dealer and ask where your parts are. Ford has this nasty habit of dropping the ball without informing the customer. I hope your car gets fixed soon. I have this bad feeling that the new motor will not solve the problem. Call me jaded. LOL.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 4:08 am 

Sorry you guys are having so much trouble. The transition from my problem 2015 to my 2017 went quite smoothly.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:52 am 

Dealer update, my car is fixed. They had trouble getting the replacement HV connector to seat properly and had to wait for Ford to send another one. He wasn't sure if they ended up replacing the motor wiring harness. They sent the car out for cleaning, then he's going to drive it home & back over the next few days (at my request) before I go pick it up.

Ford's going to cover the car under extended "premium" warranty to make it up to me. Not sure if that means until 8 years / 100k or what. I should get details from corporate soon. I'm still going to request a refund of the last 4 months of payments. Extended warranty is nice and all, but I still may end up going through all of this again. Maybe next time I'll get to drive an Ecosport.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:09 pm 

Great to hear your car is fixed. I got a call today. My brand new motor assembly is sitting at the dealer. Their main tech is in the middle of replacing the engine in an escape, so my install has to wait for a few days. I know the feeling of doubt about it actually being fixed. And you dont want to drive an ecosport. Its a tin can that will rattle your fillings out. LOL.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:44 am 

Glad yours is getting fixed as well. Somehow I doubt that Escape owner dropped their car off in December and got in line ahead of you. :x

Maybe worth asking your CSM if they might offer you the super duper extended warranty as well? Pretty please?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:52 am 

Yeah, youre right. But I think they got caught off guard with how fast the motor got there. Ordered and delivered in less than a week. Ford? Its a miracle. LOL. I plan on trying for all I can get. Payments, gas, Insurance, extended warranty, prozac. LOL.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:49 am 

tinilk glad you are back on the road. Carbuff is that light I see at the end of the tunnel or a train? Might ask for something a bit stronger than prozac :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next