Buying a 2017 FFE

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdorff

So I'm working on buying a 2017 FFE w/o leather from an out of state dealer. Current dealer offer is $25K, then I pay for shipping and sales tax in my home state. I would qualify for the Fed $7.5k tax credit, but my state has no additional incentives.

Any thoughts on the price?

I leased a 2013 FFE, but I'm considering a purchase this time.

jdorff said:
So I'm working on buying a 2017 FFE w/o leather from an out of state dealer. Current dealer offer is $25K, then I pay for shipping and sales tax in my home state. I would qualify for the Fed $7.5k tax credit, but my state has no additional incentives.

Any thoughts on the price?

I leased a 2013 FFE, but I'm considering a purchase this time.

Is that before or after incentives?

If it's after, RUN far away. Remember, the car is a year old the second it leaves the lot.

jdorff said:
scottt said:
Is that before or after incentives?

If it's after, RUN far away. Remember, the car is a year old the second it leaves the lot.

$25K before tax incentive. I will only get the Federal incentive, so net cost of $17.5K

No, forget the tax incentive. Is that $25k before or after dealer incentives? According to Edmunds, there is a $3350 rebate, plus several loyalty rebates. If that $25k is after rebates, RUN!!!!

I haven't paid attention to pricing lately but, $25k seems about an average price to average high price. If that was $25k "out the door" including sales tax I think that would be a very good price. Seeing as how the FFE is no longer made I'd say the dealers will be able to squeeze a few more Benjamins from buyers if there is demand for the car as the remaining unsold inventory dwindles. Assuming your sales tax isn't too high a sub $20k EV with 115mi of range for less than $20K seems good to me. As much as I despise GM a Bolt for not much more than an extra $10K might be a compelling option. Then there's the 225mi Leaf coming this fall if you can wait. I guess it boils down to what your budget is and how much value more range is to you.

triangles said:
I haven't paid attention to pricing lately but, $25k seems about an average price to average high price. If that was $25k "out the door" including sales tax I think that would be a very good price. Seeing as how the FFE is no longer made I'd say the dealers will be able to squeeze a few more Benjamins from buyers if there is demand for the car as the remaining unsold inventory dwindles. Assuming your sales tax isn't too high a sub $20k EV with 115mi of range for less than $20K seems good to me. As much as I despise GM a Bolt for not much more than an extra $10K might be a compelling option. Then there's the 225mi Leaf coming this fall if you can wait. I guess it boils down to what your budget is and how much value more range is to you.

$25k BEFORE dealer incentives is fine. $25k AFTER is "get up and run out of the dealership"

Especially for a 2017. It's a year old the second it hits pavement.

scottt said:
$25k BEFORE dealer incentives is fine. $25k AFTER is "get up and run out of the dealership"

OK, cool. I'll "run away". Their "Internet price" is $29.2K then minus $3.35K dealer incentive, then a reduction of $850 to get to $25K.

jdorff said:
scottt said:

OK, cool. I'll "run away". Their "Internet price" is $29.2K then minus $3.35K dealer incentive, then a reduction of $850 to get to $25K.

If it helps for comparison, my 2015 (brand new ordered from the factory) was $26,713 before ANY dealer incentives, tax incentives, etc. (yes, that included Freight, which some sleezeball dealers will break out of the price to make you think you're getting a "deal"). After sales tax, tags, dealer processing fee, rebates, and federal tax incentive (no state incentive for me) my car was $15,389.99.

A 2017 FFE that's been sitting on the dealer lot for a year should be a lot less.

Check Edmunds and such. There's the $3350 rebate going on right now, plus several loyalty rebates that you might qualify for.

scottt said:
jdorff said:
scottt said:

If it helps for comparison, my 2015 (brand new ordered from the factory) was $26,713 before ANY dealer incentives, tax incentives, etc. (yes, that included Freight, which some sleezeball dealers will break out of the price to make you think you're getting a "deal"). After sales tax, tags, dealer processing fee, rebates, and federal tax incentive (no state incentive for me) my car was $15,389.99.

A 2017 FFE that's been sitting on the dealer lot for a year should be a lot less.

Check Edmunds and such. There's the $3350 rebate going on right now, plus several loyalty rebates that you might qualify for.

Wow, the sticker on my 2013 was $40k. LOL.

So I'm working on buying a 2017 FFE w/o leather from an out of state dealer. Current dealer offer is $25K, then I pay for shipping and sales tax in my home state.

There is a dealer in San Diego that has a 2017 Shadow Black FFE FOR $22,331. The car is advertised on Car Gurus. These guys a are bringing in 2017s from other dealerships and moving them at a discount. I bought a 2017 from them yesterday. According to the sales manager, they sold 16 last month and 9 so far this month. PM me if I can help.

Zen

Zenmon said:
So I'm working on buying a 2017 FFE w/o leather from an out of state dealer. Current dealer offer is $25K, then I pay for shipping and sales tax in my home state.

There is a dealer in San Diego that has a 2017 Shadow Black FFE FOR $22,331. The car is advertised on Car Gurus. These guys a are bringing in 2017s from other dealerships and moving them at a discount. I bought a 2017 from them yesterday. According to the sales manager, they sold 16 last month and 9 so far this month. PM me if I can help.

Zen

How much was their doc fee?

Back