Sync Version 3

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamroud

I just downloaded and upgraded to Sync Version 3 (from 2.3). Does anybody know what are the changes/upgrades comparing to version 2.3? Thanks

I am excited to do this! I heard the Android Auto interface is supposed to be more stable. Time to get this downloaded...

Would have thought this was a cruel April Fools joke, however it's showing on the Ford Owner site.

Ok, who are all the brave people that are going to do this and tell us how it broke their cars? :D

Haven't tried the Android Auto stuff yet but, main difference I've noticed is they're using a larger font for the audio display (artist/title lines).

My son just did this to his escape. He is quite happy with the android auto and all.

Just did the update this morning. Successfully running Sync 3.

After updating did a "check for updates" via WiFi, and now it's downloading another file "JR3T-14G423-CA_103602.tar.gz"

Tried a few times, it's unsuccessful. Seems there's an update to the update though. Maybe it will pick it up overnight by itself sometime.

Car was at the dealer for a few things, so I had them do the update. No issues so far.

Downloaded this from owner.ford.com and installed this last week via USB. Always ran into trouble so going forward I always recommend doing a master system reset before proceeding with the upgrade. It doesn't seem to wipe out my radio station settings and such but it does remove your devices and will need to be setup again.
I recommend turning the car on... doing master reset in settings... Turn off car and exit closing door. Wait a minute and enter car again and power on. Go into settings and disable bluetooth and wifi. Then proceed with update. Goes relatively smoothly this way.

After update repeat the exit and entering car piece and start fresh and you should eventually get a update successful after the restart. Re-pair your devices. When i check under system update via wifi it says im up to date and checking owner.ford.com it also recognized my vehicle is now 3.0.

As for the changelog i haven't found one... i do notice some cosmetic changes and i'm told there is additional applink functionality including Waze. But nothing that I do day to day yet that i noticed!

I wonder if waze is a good app to use. Says something about showing the traffic. Might help me on my work commute in the city...

I was going to test this out but its either one or the other... meaning using carplay/android auto or the ford app link. Since i use carplay i would have to disable it to try out waze in app link... since apple maps does traffic fine for my needs I didn't go much further.

ShniestEV,

Your right, the apple maps works great. I drive from Abbotsford to Surrey everyday, and HWY 1 get pretty messed up through Aldergrove-
Its deadly accurate !!

scottt said:
Car was at the dealer for a few things, so I had them do the update. No issues so far.

Well, spoke a bit too soon. I've had a navigation fault twice. And I get the wireless network alert, no matter if WiFi is on or off. Damned annoying.

scottt said:
scottt said:

Well, spoke a bit too soon. I've had a navigation fault twice. And I get the wireless network alert, no matter if WiFi is on or off. Damned annoying.

You need to turn automatic software update off.

Kamroud said:
scottt said:
scottt said:

You need to turn automatic software update off.

Bingo! No more wireless alert. Thank you!!!

Back