Sync 3 v3.0

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffroper

I have been trying to download Sync 3 v3.0 using my wifi connection. The process seems to start, but the download is very slow and never seems to finish. Has anyone else had luck upgrading their Sync 3 with wifi? I have tried it using the wifi at home and the office. May have to resort to USB stick download off the computer.

jeffroper said:
I have been trying to download Sync 3 v3.0 using my wifi connection. The process seems to start, but the download is very slow and never seems to finish. Has anyone else had luck upgrading their Sync 3 with wifi? I have tried it using the wifi at home and the office. May have to resort to USB stick download off the computer.
That's a large update to do over wifi. I'm not really sure why they offer that... I use a 32GB USB stick

The zip file to extract to a USB drive is about 1.6 GB. You'll need at least a 2GB or 4GB USB drive. Sync 3 update went well.

I tried to update just yesterday via WIFI and all I got was circles (I had a good connection). I tried like 5 times!!!
Then I decided to try USB stick and that didn't work out well either! They advertise 32 GB USB stick but I only had a 16GB.
Im sure that is large enough NO??? Also, which USB plug do you use? The one under the stereo or the one in the middle console?

I had no success with either!

I used a 8GB USB. I don't know why they say 32GB, that's way overkill.

I used the USB port in the center console box.

Know that there is very poor indication of update status. You may no see any message for 5+ minutes.

Just plug in the USB, turn the car on and let it roll for 30 minutes. Eventually the main screen should say System Is Udating or something like that. If your USB stick has a light on it you will see it blink for a few minutes at the beginning while the car copies the data. Until that is finished you won't see any indications.

Cecil,

I left the USB in the drive for a minute and then after seeing nothing come up on the NAV I took it out and thought it wasn't working.
But with your advice, I will go leave it in for 10 mins and see if anything happens

Thanks!

Great! You're welcome. The feedback in the system sucks, they should make it more clear. If my USB didn't blink I'd have thought it wasn't doing anything either.

I would really like to know exactly what changes where made in the Version 3.0 update.

Any research I do online is very vague. Faster response on the NAV screen and more downloadable apps, but what apps??

Not sure...

Back