2 phones

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamroud

Hi, I have 2 phones, business and personal and I keep my contacts separately. I normally have my business phone paired with the Sync, however, sometimes I need to make a personal call while driving using my business phone. I don't want to disconnect my business and reconnect my personal to make the call. Does anybody know how to keep both phones contacts in Sync? Thanks

Kamroud said:
Hi, I have 2 phones, business and personal and I keep my contacts separately. I normally have my business phone paired with the Sync, however, sometimes I need to make a personal call while driving using my business phone. I don't want to disconnect my business and reconnect my personal to make the call. Does anybody know how to keep both phones contacts in Sync? Thanks

I am not aware of any car that allows you to do what you want to do.

Is this sync 3? I think you can sync 2 phones and upload the contacts from both but only one can be paired at a time. There should be a screen that shows previously paired phones and you can select a different one and if its there it will unpair the other phone and pair that one. It should still have the contacts stored as long as you didnt delete the phone. This is my understanding, I have not actually done this but Ive seen the screen with other phones listed.

unfortunately, when you connect the other phone (let's B), the contact list from the previous phone (let's say A) either get deleted or makes it in-accessible.

That sounds weird. Makes no sense. But you can still pair phone b and start a call from the phone or use voice command to dial the number, no?

No that isn't weird behavior at all (disconnect phone number one, connect a second phone and the contacts from phone one go away). Think about it. Contacts are part of an individual phone, they aren't universal or added to the car. The phone that is active displays those contacts. Privacy.

Now this is odd - why would you make a "personal" call on your "business" phone? Aren't business phones for making business calls? If that's a personal number you dial, add it to the contact list on the business phone. Done and done.

I get one scenario, calling home, calling your kids, or your significant other on the business phone. There should be no earthly reason why you can't add those numbers to the business phone. Especially since they will appear in the detailed use of your "business" phone.

Tesla has exactly the same behavior - whichever phone is active, those are the contacts displayed.

Wait, Maybe I dont understand. Are you trying to make a call from phone b from the contact list of phone a? If thats the case then I understand why that wont work. But you should still be able to make the call from phone b using voice commands to manually input the number you wish to call.

Back