An online Ford Focus Electric Forum discussion group

It is currently Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:10 pm 

After 5 years and 60000 miles on it, my battery can barely put out 10 KW. I was among the first 10 Ford Focus electric buyers and I had confidence in Ford, especially since I saw a video with Ford CEO stating the battery should not loose more than 10% in the 8 years warranty period, but they didn't put that in writing.
I have an appointment to the dealer next week and I'll see what they say. Beware guys if you think of buying. Go for leasing.
Anyone with the same experience?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:36 am 

I had still 20kwh at 20k miles and one year but I sold it right then. There are people at 52k miles with around 16kwh on this forum.

10Kwh seems so low that you will get a replacement battery. Did you not see a gradual decrease each year? From reading other forums age of battery can have as great an effect than miles.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:01 am 

When I was at the dealership in Wexford, PA, I talked to the only man that seemed to know anything about the FFE. He gave me around about answers, about the battery warranty, until I pressed him on it. He called a regional manager and was told that anything lower 50% capacity warranted a replacement during the warranty period. So, you might be in luck. My understanding is you will also get the newer, higher capacity battery as well.
Can you confirm the 50% warranty claim? Seems shockingly low and I can see why Ford wouldn't want to talk about it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:14 am 

It's been a couple months Fordy what happened with your situation.