Hit 30K miles this morning

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

campfamily

Quick update.....my FFE passed 30,000 miles this morning on the way to the office. I've had my car since May 2015, so 2 years and 9 months. Other than recalls, the only failure I have had is the 12V battery, which my dealer replaced under warranty. I've begun noticing a few rattles in the interior, particularly around the driver side B-pillar (common to all Focus models, from what I hear). I'm still on the original Michelin tires. I've had zero maintenance costs; the only maintenance has been tire rotation and balancing, which is done at no cost at my local America's Tire shop.

I keep track of my electricity usage by resetting one of the trip odometers every Monday morning and recording the mileage and kWhr used for the previous week. Over the 30,000 miles, I'm averaging 247.2 Wh/mi. My typical commute is about 52 miles per day, about 80% on the freeway (full speed in the morning, moderate traffic in the afternoon). I have a significant elevation difference between where I live (about 1200 feet) and where I park the car each day (about 100 feet). The last time I did a battery rundown test I had 16.7 kWh available. I plan to run another test in a couple of days.

So far, been rather pleased with the car. Items I'd improve are acceleration, particularly off the line, top speed (85 mph is marginal on some of the freeways I drive) and obviously range. I've never been stranded, although I have come close. The main benefit for me, other than cost, is the ability to drive in the carpool lane even when solo. Unless the California state legislature decides to extend that benefit, this will end in January 2019, from what I understand.

Would I do it again? Definitely yes.

Keith

Sounds about right for the battery, i'm similar. I just hit 36k on my '13 (i've had it a year, put 20k in that year on it). I really like the car, just wish the battery was in better shape or higher capacity.

Back