An online Ford Focus Electric Forum discussion group

It is currently Mon May 28, 2018 12:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Car will not start
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:34 pm 

Yeah, mine was out of loaners too. But they had just plated a brand new escape to enter loaner service. They were not going to start lending it until the permanent registration sticker arrived, but I know them so I got it anyway. The pedal lag is even worse with this car. Its an ecoboost and has turbo lag. It eventually really scoots but the lag is a bummer. I prefer the even acceleration of my 14 fusion with the 2.5 non turbo motor. It may be slower but it has no lag and has better pedal response from a dead stop. Oh, and the tank was empty when I picked it up. LOL.

No updates on the car today. Last update was that the lower battery had been removed and found to be not the issue. They were moving on to removing the upper battery next. Ford has escalated the issue and deemed it an intermittent problem. So, basically no end in sight. If its out another week, Im going to look into getting a payment refunded or skipped. And to top it off gas prices are at record highs for the year. LOL.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:58 am 

Update from the dealer. New wiring harness is installed. Apparently the old wiring harness shorted the powertrain control module so they replaced that module as well. There's an "unresolved electrical issue" which they opened a case with Ford about. Waiting to hear back from Ford's engineers.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:15 pm 

I too seem to have an unresolved issue. It keeps throwing a code but it goes away before they can get readings to diagnose it. I dont know which code it is. I would think that at some time they will have to just start throwing parts at it. I mean if the same code in the same module keeps showing up, maybe switch out that module to eliminate the module as the problem. Theyve had the car 4 weeks. Ive had the loaner for 2 and have put 50 bucks in gas in it already. Oh, and my payment is due next week. LOL. And there's no end in sight, Ugh.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:56 am 

:lol: it's a race to see who will get their car back first! Just kidding. Hope they figure it out sooner rather than later. Thanks for keeping us updated.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:02 pm 

Funny, I dont know if the winner of the race is the person whose car takes the longest. Thats if the booby prize is a new battery. LOL.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:15 pm 

Update. The dealer actually called me with some news. They heard back from ford and ford is telling them to replace the sobdm to see if that clears up the problem. I asked what code specifically kept coming back and the answer was, a whole bunch of them. So I guess the parts swapping has begun. I guess they will keep swapping out modules til the problem goes away. I guess the battery is the last one on that list. LOL. The module has to be ordered so who knows how long that will take. At least its progress.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:32 am 

Ah of course the SOBDM! Why didn't I think of that? LOL j/k well at least it's progress even if it's at continental drift speeds....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:11 pm 

Update, The module was replaced and it did not fix the issue. Yawn. 6 weeks and its no closer to being fixed. Im sure there will be more back and forth with ford, ford will suggest replacing something else, the part will need to be ordered, Yadda,yadda,yadda. This is getting boring. :x

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:19 am 

New TCM next? pretty soon you will have a completely new FFE on an older chassis :lol: I have my fingers crossed for a new battery!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:08 am 

triangles wrote:
New TCM next? pretty soon you will have a completely new FFE on an older chassis :lol: I have my fingers crossed for a new battery!

Yes, its the only thing keeping me sane right now. LOL.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next