Charger connector

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had this happen once. Rocked the connector up & down, side to side a bit and finally yanked and it came out... was frozen on there.
(edit: My 2017 has a different charge port with a bit of give, probably to accommodate the heavy & tensioned SAE Combo DC fast charge connectors, not sure how sturdy the old-style connector is, my C-Max Energi has one of those)

triangles said:
unless you forget to push the button to release the clip why wouldn't it come out? :?:
Well in my instance, I was holding the release button down... the connector didn't want to pull out. I suspect there was some water that froze (or maybe the connector isn't milled to correct tolerances?)

Danski said:
I cannot remove the charge connector from my '14 focus. Anybody have this problem ?

Were you DC fast charging? The car will lock the connector in that case, you have to stop the charging (on the EVSE or hit the unlock charge port button on the dash) before the connector will release.

cecil-t said:
Danski said:
I cannot remove the charge connector from my '14 focus. Anybody have this problem ?

Were you DC fast charging? The car will lock the connector in that case, you have to stop the charging (on the EVSE or hit the unlock charge port button on the dash) before the connector will release.

'14 FFE doesn't have DC Fast Charging.

Back