An online Ford Focus Electric Forum discussion group

It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Car will not start
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:59 pm 

I hate it when the fuel line freezes on my FFE! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:43 am 

triangles wrote:
I hate it when the fuel line freezes on my FFE! :lol:

Oh it is the worst when it freezes. I think we are all very familiar with fuel line freezes in our FFE. Even those that live in California.

2014 Tesla Model S 85

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:18 pm 

So, the car is dead again in my driveway. I drove it home from work, plugged it in, 2 minutes later I get a text saying the scheduled charge has not started. The charger is blinking as if its charging. I get in to try to start it and I get the ssn red triangle, no dice. Exactly the same as before christmas. Same dtc for the hvb contactor circuit present. Hopefully its getting towed to the dealer tomorrow morning. via roadside assistance. Lets all cross our fingers and say a prayer for a new battery.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:32 pm 

Car was towed to dealership this morning via ford roadside assistance. They have it for the next week as I'll be away so hopefully they can sort it all out. The guy will email me with progress and updates. Will keep you posted.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:12 pm 

Just got back from vacation. Supposedly they are ordering a new hybrid battery harness or something like that for it. That was the only update I got. I will have to call them monday to see whats up and arrange a loaner if needed.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:47 am 

Hopefully the new wire harness fixes it. I sorta hope its the battery but I only say sorta because if it is, it will likely be shorts weather before you get your FFE back. But the extra range would be worth the wait at least for me :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:44 pm 

triangles wrote:
Hopefully the new wire harness fixes it. I sorta hope its the battery but I only say sorta because if it is, it will likely be shorts weather before you get your FFE back. But the extra range would be worth the wait at least for me :)

I know. I have the same mixed feelings. Hopefully if it turned out to be the battery I would get a loaner or rental for the duration.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:00 am 

I wouldn't count on a free loaner. Ford will only pay for one where it is specifically called out in a recall (ie the door latch recall). The only other option is if the dealer is willing to absorb the cost. I'd say that's not likely unless you have a very strong relationship with the dealer.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:39 pm 

So, they got the harness today and started the installation process. They said hopefully it will be done tomorrow. They said it was a bit involved. I think its the first one theyve done. This is all done from under the car, right? They dont have to tear apart my interior, do they? I thought that was only if they had to remove the upper battery. Under my ford certified warranty, they will pay for a rental for warranty repairs, up to 30 bucks a day. But if its done tomorrow, I wont need it. Also, Im friends with them so if they had a loaner to give, they would. I think they only have 3 and theyre out all the time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:33 am 

I'm not terribly familiar with the wiring harness but I believe it goes from the driver's side rear wheel well over the lower battery pack and charger then up the the HV junction box on top of the TCM. So they may have to drop the lower battery pack and/or charger which yeah I'd think would be pretty involved.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next