Ge durastation owners?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Anyone out there own one of these things? Ya know, the big ugly grey box with the big GE sticker on it. I recently acquired one and was wondering if anyone could post a pic of what the j21 jumper wire thing looks like. I need to lower the amps on mine (for now) and it did not come with the jumper.

jmueller065 said:
This document shows where the J21 jumper should be:
https://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/db/dba9cee7-6f4a-4f66-829f-2343d78ef480.pdf

Yes, Ive seen that but it just shows cartoon drawings and not actual pics. I guess its just a wire that shorts the 2 pins together? I have lots of computer jumpers but I dont think any will span the odd sized jumper header. I thought actually seeing one might jog my mind into thinking "Oh, Ive got one of those" This thing is sort of a project. The output cord was cut off and judging by there being no other holes in the enclosure anywhere, Im guessing its never been used/installed. Its guaranteed to be working though. Ive only got a 30 amp service atm, so I need to amp it down to 24. Ive got the 30 amp cord and handle, 20 ft long, and some crazy thick supply line to power it by so its kind of a puzzle atm. End game is to get my service up to 40 amp so I can use the full 30 amps this thing can put out. Not really too much info or pictures for this thing on the internet, except for the pics of big grey boxes which tell you nothing. LOL.

So, I got the whole thing put together. It works! I made my own jumper with some old computer connectors that I cut apart. I jumped the 1 and 4 pins together for 24 amps and it seems to be charging at a faster rate than my 16 amp evse. Im now trying to confirm the draw by finding the pid in the forscan app that measures this. I know its in there but I cant find it. This thing is big. Considering whats inside it could have been made much thinner, like half as thick. I dont see why they made the box so big. I ended up using a used 30 amp cord and handle instead of the new yazaki assembly I bought. The wire was just a tad too thick to fit through the weatherproof pass-through in the box with the yazaki. The used one is only 18' vs 20' but thats more than plenty to reach my car from my normal spot. I dont think it will reach if I have to park behind someone. I may change this when I eventually get it set up for 30 amp charging. So far, so good though.

Back