An online Ford Focus Electric Forum discussion group

It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Got a wrench today
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:46 pm 

Sometimes I just dont look at things correctly. I kind of dismissed the contactor code and fixated on the isolation thing. I had found a video about a lexus hybrid that had the same isolation code and they had to tear out the battery only to find water in the pack caused by a water leak in the back hatch that was pooling under the seat where the battery was located. Can contactors be replaced or are they part of the pack? It would be a shame to have to replace the whole pack. (not) Lol. I think those headlight codes are phantom, as you say because they seem to always be there whenever theres any other codes stored. I actually feel better about my car now, thanks for your insights into this matter.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:37 am 

Speculating because I don't know for sure but I would think they would be integrated into the battery pack. You can here them clicking/clunking when you power on/off the car and the sound is coming from the battery area. If they're not in the battery I'd be surprised because there isn't much room back there for anything other than the battery. I would think they would be relatively easy to replace. If ford was smart they would have designed it so they can be replaced without having to remove the battery but I'm not too optimistic about that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:09 pm 

2 more wrenches. 1 last night and one today. Its the hybrid battery isolation thing. Its intermittent and doesnt seem to affect the cars performance so far. Its annoying to say the least. Probably some corroded pin in some harness somewhere. Grrr. Annoying.