triangles

Re: Got a wrench today

Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:49 am

Did you look up those codes to see what they mean?
2014 Blue Candy FFE
http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/focus/2014/triangles/303811 (since this forum doesn't allow BBcode in sigs)

jeongyun

Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:44 am

https://www.autocodes.com/p0aa6.html

some of the codes look pretty serious. look up other codes yourself there.

spirilis

Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:52 am

Straight to the dealer..... wouldn't touch those codes with a 10 foot pole!
2017 Ford Focus Electric (Magnetic)
2017 Ford C-Max Energi SE (Kona Blue)

spirilis

Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:15 pm

Carbuff wrote:We're in the middle of a blizzard right now so I dont think anything is happening until monday at best. Im afraid that they will just clear the codes, say its working and give the car back to me. If the wrench is gone and they cant reproduce it, will they act on stored codes?
Is it safe to drive it?
I'd keep it local if possible. Consider the risk that you may be stranded at your destination if the contactors goof up. Then again with a blizzard you might not be going far anyway, but on the other hand, the risk of getting stranded is that much higher; and if the HVB can't be energized you don't have heat.

spirilis

Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:20 am

Carbuff wrote:Yeah, driving the jeep in the bad weather. I understand the possibility of getting stuck. I really meant if there was any threat of fire or shock. The whole hybrid battery isolation fault leads me to believe that there may be 300v that is not isolated any more.
No idea of course beyond an educated guess but I would think "contactors stuck closed" means the HVB can't be isolated from the rest of the vehicle (high voltage bus is live all the time) when it's shut down... in theory that wouldn't be any worse than if you left the car "on" and walked away from it for hours, at least you can know the 12V battery is nice & charged when you get back! :lol:

triangles

Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:26 pm

The contactor stuck would only be a problem if you have a short. I don't know that I would fear my car might spontaneously combust but then again I wouldn't park it in the garage right below my bedroom just in case... I would take it to a dealer ASAP. also if the contactor is stuck on and there is a current draw constantly on the HVB if you don't plug it in you could possibly over discharge the HBV damaging or killing it but that might not be a bad thing because you'd likely get a 33.5kw warranty replacement. It's also possible many of the errors are phantom errors. It's quite common when something goes wrong that the computer is tricked into logging errors that aren't real and/or are completely unrelated to what caused a problem in the first place.
2014 Blue Candy FFE
http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/focus/2014/triangles/303811 (since this forum doesn't allow BBcode in sigs)

Return to “General / Main Focus Electric Owners Forum”