Will a stroller fit?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoctorTubaUF

I am considering a 2017 Focus Electric and would like to know if a regular sized (not umbrella) stroller will fit in the hatch. I've seen posts about people having difficulty with large strollers but has anyone successfully stored a normal sized single stroller like the Britax B-Agile? Does anyone have any pictures of their stroller in the trunk? My wife drives a Honda Odyssey and we take that car with the kids 99% of the time but I still need to be able to take the occasional trip out with the stroller. The dealerships near me do not stock the Focus Electrics so I have no way of testing the stroller fit before ordering. I appreciate any responses!

DoctorTubaUF said:
I am considering a 2017 Focus Electric and would like to know if a regular sized (not umbrella) stroller will fit in the hatch. I've seen posts about people having difficulty with large strollers but has anyone successfully stored a normal sized single stroller like the Britax B-Agile? Does anyone have any pictures of their stroller in the trunk? My wife drives a Honda Odyssey and we take that car with the kids 99% of the time but I still need to be able to take the occasional trip out with the stroller. The dealerships near me do not stock the Focus Electrics so I have no way of testing the stroller fit before ordering. I appreciate any responses!

Perhaps let us know where you are located, and you might get lucky and somebody on this forum is local to you, and you could take your stroller over and do a test fit......

I'd be skeptical of fitting one in the hatch with out removing some stuff. I would assume there would be little problem fitting one if you'd remove the storage organizer and maybe the "cargo cover" to allow part of the stroller to stick up behind the rear seats. I know that probably doesn't help much.

DoctorTubaUF said:
I don't have the exact stroller, but I have 3 that fit fine without removing the hatch cover. I have a chicco lightway plus, joovy caboose ultralight, and summer infant 3d light. They do take up most of the width and height of the cargo area.

I have a Graco Pace Click Connect and I cannot fit it without removing both the cargo organizer and the tray. If I leave the tray in, the hatch doesn't close without bending and possibly damaging the tray. I can also unhook the tray and sort off leave it hanging there on top of the stroller at a weird angle. I took out the organizer pretty much when I got the car, but I only took off the tray about a week ago for that very reason : attempting to put the stroller in the trunk.

Btw once you remove those 2 items, the stroller fits easily, I think I could fit 2 of them in the available space.

DoctorTubaUF said:
Try baby jogger city mini single stroller. It will surely fit on that.

This was one of my criteria as well. We have a 2017 FFE that we just got about a month ago. I went to the dealer with our stroller just to double check. The battery hump in the back does impede storage quite a bit and is a little annoying. Initially I was putting the stroller in fine but had removed the rear hatch cover in order for it to work. We have a City Mini GT stroller, so the wheels are sort of bigger. They have that annoying storage box that fits next to the battery but winds up taking more space that it's worth. If you remove that the stroller may fit fine. It dawned on me that the wheels pop off the stroller easily, so not I can just pop off one wheel in two seconds and put it in with the hatch cover and all.

To answer your question. Yes, my stroller fits.

DoctorTubaUF said:

I have a double stroller, one of those Sit & Stand stroller, it fits as longs as i take the hatch off.

Back