An online Ford Focus Electric Forum discussion group

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:10 pm 

I will look into the blue ring...thanks!

As far as the SSN, I have updates! The car has died twice since my last posting (3 times total now)...there has been no AC use, other than the one time it died while the wife was driving it. That was at night, speeds about ~35mph and light traffic. Luckily it was light traffic, becuSe she was on a 7-lane road in a commercial area. The car apparently died in the middle lane of traffic. A gas station clerk called the police, but the car started before they arrived. Lucky for her!

The next time was just this afternoon. I had just picked my son up from school and I got the SSN just down the street from my house. I literally coasted into my driveway. I was able to restart it within 10 seconds of the car shutting off.

As far as the + & - numbers showing on the status - im not sure that those numbers accurately reflect my driving. I have been driving like walking on eggshells and ive gotten -4.

What's really interesting is just now i had an anomaly at the chargepoint station. while it was hooked up to the charger, it had an inverse power surge that lasted about 10 minutes. Unfortunately I cannot post the screenshot.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:52 am 

If you have the climate control on when the car is started and then turn it off the "+12 +13" is normal. The minus single digits is also normal unless you are driving in super zen mode....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:29 pm 

triangles wrote:
If you have the climate control on when the car is started and then turn it off the "+12 +13" is normal. The minus single digits is also normal unless you are driving in super zen mode....

When I picked the car up last week from the dealership, the A/C was on - I turned it off and that's when I was getting the +12/13, so that makes sense. I am almost always driving in super zen mode so the negatives are a little concerning to me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:35 am 

Signal twenty Configure your left screen to show your trip meter plus the kWh used plus your rolling Wh/mi average. If you reset trip meter (kWh used) when you charge you will be able to see how far you went using how many kWh from the battery. The rolling average Wh/mi is what you should care about being your first clue something is wrong. If you're driving very zen like your Wh/mi should be in the low 200s and if you're really good upper 100s. My summer averages between 225 and 250 Wh/mi and in winter when it gets cold it shoots into the 350+ neighborhood. Seeing as how you're in FL you shouldn't have to worry much about the cold. Also those +/- numbers are based on the guess-o-meter which can fluctuate wildly seemingly without reason. I personally don't pay any attention to it until the battery is below 50% charge. As you get closer to a dead battery the guess-o-meter gets more accurate. Depending on how well the PO treated the battery, you should have between 15-18kWh useable battery capacity. The more often you deep discharge the battery the greater your capacity degradation will be. Also while not as detrimental to battery health, lithium batteries do not like sitting around fully charged all the time. My driving habits result in my battery rarely being discharged much below 30%. Also while I don't have TOU electric rates I use value charging so that my car finishes charging just before I get up in the morning to minimize how long it sits fully charged. The value charging setup is not very intuitive. You have to set 120V or 240V and if the estimated charge time is greater than the time window you specified it will default to charge now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67