Freshly Washed and Clay Bar-ed!

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omen87

Washed her today and took a Mothers clay bar to her. The car had a nasty case of something I learned is called industrial fallout. It had little rust colored specks all over it which I guess are tiny pieces of metal that float in the air in areas with certain industry present and embed themselves in the paint. It's especially fond of white cars since they show the rust color quite nicely.

fERSYbsh.jpg

LZqGek8h.jpg

The wife's Escape will have to wait for another day. :lol:

I used Plasti-Dip all over my Mini. But not on the wheels (they were already black).

I'm curious if the back of the wheels would have to be done as well? what about the lug nuts.

Hoping to find someone who's already "been there done that" :D

I know it has been a year since you did this, but please tell me you waxed the car after claying it. The clay takes off wax also.

Simiglen said:
I know it has been a year since you did this, but please tell me you waxed the car after claying it. The clay takes off wax also.

I had no idea you're supposed to wax after claying. Good to know! I'm actually going to do all this today, weather permitting.

Back