How long did your factory ordered FFE take to arrive?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
triangles said:
Texas FFE The sales numbers say otherwise. https://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/ I wouldn't consider any car that consistently sells less than 150 copies a month a success and it is no better than the pre 2017 models. The fact still remains unless you are in a carb state it is an ordeal to get your hands on one. I talked to my local dealer the other day and they've only ever been able to get 1 FFE in since the FFE came out in 2011. How is that not treating the car like a compliance car? When I purchased my car no dealer in Michigan or Ohio could get me a FFE. I had to go to NY or WI.
This is crazy...my dealer now tells me he has an FFE on it's way....first one in over a year. Not sure its a '17 or '18 as its just coming off factory floor

Can someone tell me from the VIN: 1FADP3R45HL346744 wether is could be an '18?
Now I "ordered" around December last year and have since moved on by selling my '16FFE and went into a Tesla X
Since 2014 when I had my first FFE I have yet to see another FFE around (vs 10 Teslas each day)...and I am dealing with a very large Ford Dealer.

fbitz777 said:

It's a 2017, the 10th digit is "H" for 2017.

You can get your Window Sticker Here:
http://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/FordSticker.html?title=1FADP3R45HL346744

lietuviukasd said:
what dealership would have this in and when?

It is special ordered for somebody already and therefore spoken for, and as said before, the "H" in the VIN indicated it's a 2017

OK it's a '17 and yes it was ordered for me back late last year and they kept telling me there was no allocation
Shults Ford, Wexford PA (Pittsburgh area) is the dealer and we buy a LOT of fleet trucks from them.

I don't have to take it however

I think it is under 27k after rebates then I get Fed + PA State Credits of $9250

I am not likely going to buy it so anyone is welcome to have a go at it.

It arrived yesterday!
Red with Leather interior

Unfortunately I will not buy it...too many cars already. It is actually down to cheaper than I paid for '16FFE in Jan 2016.

Kamroud said:
carcon27 said:
Well Folks...my FFE is finally in! I pick it up this coming Monday! As many mentioned, the dealership was completely useless throughout this experience. I had to call Ford Canada myself to track down where exactly my car was, and they were able to tell me in 2 minutes. My car was sitting at my dealership's lot since this past Monday, however my Sales guy couldn't be bothered to check this. Pathetic. No such thing as good customer service anymore at car dealers.

For those that have commented to have just waited for the 2018 model and get it next month......um...yeah...right. Realistically people won't get their hands on a 2018 by June of 2018...and yeah...they didn't change a thing.

Anyways...I'll post pics of my FFE when i get it Monday.

Here's also something funny....I already downloaded the'my ford mobile' app to my phone....and actually have the car set up! I can start and unlock it remotely right now. I should mess with the dealership and start the car while they're prepping it. Have already set all the charging settings on it . it's pretty cool!

Hi, Congratulations :D :D :D can you do that without linking your car to your phone? I thought linking is required for accessing the car remotely. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, could you please share your dealer's info to see if it is the same as mine (if possible). Thanks

Thank you! So far..we are loving our new FFE. As for the linking...im actually not sure how it was able to link. I'm assuming the guys that were prepping the car saw the prompt in the car and just clicked the right thing to link me up. LOL. Anyways..i've been using the myfordmobile app, and it's pretty awesome. Can also have it open on my PC while i'm at my desk at work! (We have level 2 chargers at work!).

The dealer I dealt with was Discovery Ford...and let's just say my experience was not the greatest. I'll leave it at that. I'm just happy we finally have the car in posession. Good luck with your purchase!

My FFE arrived at the dealership! Should be picking it up on Monday... making the time from order to pick up a cool 6 months minus 2 days if all goes well...

virulent said:
My FFE arrived at the dealership! Should be picking it up on Monday... making the time from delivery to pick up a cool 6 months minus 2 days if all goes well...

Congrats....hope all goes well with the delivery! Enjoy the car...so far..i'm loving it.

I received my 2017 FFE on Monday after ordering it 6 months ago.

On the way home from Toronto to Ottawa, it suffered charging and motor faults and refused to start. It started with Stop Safely Now and eventually simply refuses to start the motor or connect the traction battery (i.e. no heated air :(), no SSN. This was Monday evening. Thankfully, when the car died for real, I was in a parking lot in Kingston charging and the closest EV-certified dealership from Kingston is actually Ottawa, so I ended up getting towed 200 km for free (thx Ford) Tuesday morning along with myself in the passenger seat so I was not as stranded as I was thinking I was. And the car DID get to Ottawa (lol)

The car was left at the dealership yesterday, and I have a free rental at the moment.

I'll make a separate thread soon. Some here probably recognize my posts from rfd, but I'll make a good summary thread that I'll post updates to. While I had the car, it was awesome. I see this as a small hurdle, and once past it, I'll be very happy with the FFE.

virulent said:
I received my 2017 FFE on Monday after ordering it 6 months ago.

On the way home from Toronto to Ottawa, it suffered charging and motor faults and refused to start. It started with Stop Safely Now and eventually simply refuses to start the motor or connect the traction battery (i.e. no heated air :(), no SSN. This was Monday evening. Thankfully, when the car died for real, I was in a parking lot in Kingston charging and the closest EV-certified dealership from Kingston is actually Ottawa, so I ended up getting towed 200 km for free (thx Ford) Tuesday morning along with myself in the passenger seat so I was not as stranded as I was thinking I was. And the car DID get to Ottawa (lol)

The car was left at the dealership yesterday, and I have a free rental at the moment.

I'll make a separate thread soon. Some here probably recognize my posts from rfd, but I'll make a good summary thread that I'll post updates to. While I had the car, it was awesome. I see this as a small hurdle, and once past it, I'll be very happy with the FFE.
That's a nasty surprise! Hope it gets fixed soon... thankful I've not had a bad experience with my 2017 so far.

No that I have my FFE for a day, noticed a couple of issues related to FFE and Fordpass:
1. FFE in Canada, does not have modem and therefore, you cannot use your phone to remotely start up the car.
2. Fordpass has "Fuel" tab which is not applicable to FFE, it should have an option for Charging stations.

Couldn't find a place to pass these to Ford, but will appreciate if someone knows how to send feedback to Ford Canada.
Thanks

Kamroud said:
No that I have my FFE for a day, noticed a couple of issues related to FFE and Fordpass:
1. FFE in Canada, does not have modem and therefore, you cannot use your phone to remotely start up the car.
2. Fordpass has "Fuel" tab which is not applicable to FFE, it should have an option for Charging stations.

Couldn't find a place to pass these to Ford, but will appreciate if someone knows how to send feedback to Ford Canada.
Thanks
You need to use MyFordMobile not FordPass. The FFE in Canada has a modem and sends telematics and controls work in MFM.

I got a call back from my dealer. They need to replace the motor. There was some 40 (?!) codes logged (not just the 2 the display showed), and they were able to narrow it down to a couple, and with further assistance from Ford, showed the problem to be in the motor... So we'll see if a new motor helps.

The motor apparently fried the 12v battery, and so they had to replace it. I think he said it fried the replacement one too, lol

They're told the motor should get there in 5 days, and it'll take ~2 days to replace, so I should have the car back next Friday, Oct 27.

Hoping for the best..

Edit: I made a blog here for fun- https://focusev.ca

Back