Myford mobile app issue

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since the new app update to v.3.5.10, I have been having persistent issue with logging into the app from my Mobile phone. The web based access seem to work just fine.

1. Open the App. It does not remember me or let me sign in with my thumbprint on my iPhone 6 anymore.
2. Enter username, password, select 'remember me'.
3. Takes me to setting passcode page. I enter passcode twice.
4. Click on Enable touchID
5. Gives error 'Service or Network Error' 'Unable to connect to MyFord Mobile. Check your internet connection and try again. If problems persist, contact your wireless carrier or network administrator.'

Doesn't get me to touchID page. If I don't select 'remember be' in step 2 then takes me briefly to the vehicle home page and immediately errors out with the error in step 5 above.

After this it is back to login page.

Anyone else facing this?

focussed said:
Since the new app update to v.3.5.10, I have been having persistent issue with logging into the app from my Mobile phone. The web based access seem to work just fine.

1. Open the App. It does not remember me or let me sign in with my thumbprint on my iPhone 6 anymore.
5. Gives error 'Service or Network Error' 'Unable to connect to MyFord Mobile. Check your internet connection and try again. If problems persist, contact your wireless carrier or network administrator.'

Doesn't get me to touchID page. If I don't select 'remember be' in step 2 then takes me briefly to the vehicle home page and immediately errors out with the error in step 5 above.

Anyone else facing this?
I've seen the 'Service or Network Error' (on Android, Galaxy Note 8), but it doesn't happen all the time. I reported it to the myfordmobile support email and Rebecca (from Ford) got back to me that they're investigating (fix to come in a new update).

spirilis said:
focussed said:

Anyone else facing this?
I've seen the 'Service or Network Error' (on Android, Galaxy Note 8), but it doesn't happen all the time. I reported it to the myfordmobile support email and Rebecca (from Ford) got back to me that they're investigating (fix to come in a new update).

I have contacted MFM support. Let me see how they resolve this. For me, the failure to login from the mobile app is 90%. I have succeeded only a couple of times over last 2-4 weeks.

MFM service sent me to the dealer.
Because modem ESN CPPM indicate unknown the dealer tel me bad modem or no juice to the modem. After verification , the service tel me " we removed the fuse and replace it to force the modem to reset " After this instead to indicate " unknown " it indicate T69W..... . The system recognize the modem now and I tried with the phone application right away and everything back to normal.

To take no chance because under warranty ,the dealer ordered new modem .

I removed the fuse 67 as specified on few forum but the dealer told me it was not this fuse the technicien removed to reset the modem???

Problem solved!!!!!!

Santo9 said:
MFM service sent me to the dealer.
Because modem ESN CPPM indicate unknown the dealer tel me bad modem or no juice to the modem. After verification , the service tel me " we removed the fuse and replace it to force the modem to reset " After this instead to indicate " unknown " it indicate T69W..... . The system recognize the modem now and I tried with the phone application right away and everything back to normal.

To take no chance because under warranty ,the dealer ordered new modem .

I removed the fuse 67 as specified on few forum but the dealer told me it was not this fuse the technicien removed to reset the modem???

Problem solved!!!!!!

Glad the problem is fixed. I believe the fuse to reset the modem is the F1 fuse in the rear fusebox on the drivers side in the rear cargo area. My car is going to the dealer tomorrow as the mfm people said that my vin is still tied to the old modem even though the car has the new modem esn listed in the sync settings. They said that the dealer did not finish the install to the end and therefore it was never registered in the mfm system. Hope they can get it right tomorrow. Also updating the sync, something else they were not able to get right the last time it was there.

So the dealer had the car all day and got nothing accomplished again. No sync upgrade, no fixed modem. They claim that the modem install gets to 80% and hangs there. Idk why they didnt do the sync install. Its going back tomorrow.

Back