How long did your factory ordered FFE take to arrive?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered my 2017 FFE in May of this year...and just got my VIN# yesterday. My sales guy says it should be at the dealership next week! Crossing my fingers. This is the first time I've ever had to wait for a car. Past several cars it's find it online..go to dealership..and pick it up within a couple days. This was painful!

Will post a pic once I take delivery of it!

carcon27 said:
I ordered my 2017 FFE in May of this year...and just got my VIN# yesterday. My sales guy says it should be at the dealership next week! Crossing my fingers. This is the first time I've ever had to wait for a car. Past several cars it's find it online..go to dealership..and pick it up within a couple days. This was painful!

The 2018 models will be here soon. You've waited this long, why not wait another month and get the latest model? Have you already signed the deal or just authorized the dealer to order it?

carcon27 said:

when was your FFE made? You usually get the VIN a few weeks before it's made. Then it takes a few weeks to ship. If you just got the vin yesterday I highly doubt you'll see the car any sooner than month and that is being wildly optimistic.

carcon27 said:

The wait is painful! I factory ordered a truck back in 1994. It took eleven weeks for delivery with the dealer telling me week after week that the vehicle would be here any day. I swore I would never factory order another vehicle and so far I haven't.

virulent said:
I'm in Ontario. Here's my timeline so far for my 2017 FFE order:

* April 18, 2017: Order sent from dealer to Ford
* July 24: VIN assigned, ETA delivery of Sept 28th. I had to call Ford Customer Care weekly asking if there was any update on my order. My dealer was useless.
* August 29: Window sticker created, build date scheduled for Sept 7th
Update to my order:

* Sept 18: Built! Car was supposed to be built on 7th, but oh well
* Sept 20: Went from In Production to In Transit. ETA Sept 30 - Oct 5.

The quick change from in production to in transit is the first thing that's happened nicely so far. Hoping for delivery in that window so that I can have potentially have it in time for Thanksgiving weekend. But either way the wait is almost over!!

Hi all, I'm new to this and needs lot of helps and assistance. I live in Toronto and ordered my FFE on March 31, 2017. Agree that the dealer is totally useless. In fact, never seen such a poor service in my whole life. Anyway, I got my window sticker from the website. Also, today, I found on ETIS.FORD.COM that my car was built yesterday (Sept. 26, 2017), not sure when I'll get it.
My question to those who live in Toronto, what is your experience with charging? how often you charge (I drive about 50 KM/Day)?, ant other advise? Thanks

Kamroud said:
Hi all, I'm new to this and needs lot of helps and assistance. I live in Toronto and ordered my FFE on March 31, 2017. Agree that the dealer is totally useless. In fact, never seen such a poor service in my whole life. Anyway, I got my window sticker from the website. Also, today, I found on ETIS.FORD.COM that my car was built yesterday (Sept. 26, 2017), not sure when I'll get it.
My question to those who live in Toronto, what is your experience with charging? how often you charge (I drive about 50 KM/Day)?, ant other advise? Thanks

They'll start building the 2018 Focus on September 9th, 2017. I'd go down and cancel the order, and switch to 2018 model. You've waited 6 months why not wait one more for the newer version? There are conflicting reports about some major changes for the '18 Focus. If nothing else, let it sit on the lot for a week or two once it arrives just in case there are major changes in the new model you'd like to get.

I expect to start seeing more details in the next 2 weeks when Job #1 rolls off the line. Nothing sucks more than buying a new car, and they come out with a better looking model ONE WEEK later!

http://fordnewmodels.com/new-ford-focus-2018-price/

Thanks for your advise. What I heard is that there is no change except adding a new color which an ugly green. Also, I heard Ford is late in delivering 2017 orders and they won't produce 2018 model until they finish all 2017 orders.

Kamroud said:
Thanks for your advise. What I heard is that there is no change except adding a new color which an ugly green. Also, I heard Ford is late in delivering 2017 orders and they won't produce 2018 model until they finish all 2017 orders.

I know they're late with their Canadian orders, but there are dozens of FFE sitting on lots across California. No one in the US should be waiting with all these cars available near LA. I still have my fingers crossed '18 will get a few improvements. I'm not going to hold my breath, but until I see a '18 brochure anything is possible.

Smoking_Rubber said:
I know they're late with their Canadian orders, but there are dozens of FFE sitting on lots across California. No one in the US should be waiting with all these cars available near LA.

Correction: "No one in California should be waiting with all these cars available near LA."

It is next to impossible to buy one of these cars from out of state since they are intended to be sold (and used) in California to meet CARB ZEV requirements. Trying to buy a FFE outside of a CARB state is difficult to impossible. As much as Ford likes to deny the FFE is a compliance car they sure do treat it like one.

Well Folks...my FFE is finally in! I pick it up this coming Monday! As many mentioned, the dealership was completely useless throughout this experience. I had to call Ford Canada myself to track down where exactly my car was, and they were able to tell me in 2 minutes. My car was sitting at my dealership's lot since this past Monday, however my Sales guy couldn't be bothered to check this. Pathetic. No such thing as good customer service anymore at car dealers.

For those that have commented to have just waited for the 2018 model and get it next month......um...yeah...right. Realistically people won't get their hands on a 2018 by June of 2018...and yeah...they didn't change a thing.

Anyways...I'll post pics of my FFE when i get it Monday.

Here's also something funny....I already downloaded the'my ford mobile' app to my phone....and actually have the car set up! I can start and unlock it remotely right now. I should mess with the dealership and start the car while they're prepping it. Have already set all the charging settings on it . it's pretty cool!

triangles said:
It is next to impossible to buy one of these cars from out of state since they are intended to be sold (and used) in California to meet CARB ZEV requirements. Trying to buy a FFE outside of a CARB state is difficult to impossible. As much as Ford likes to deny the FFE is a compliance car they sure do treat it like one.

I don't think any of this is true. Besides the fact that the FFE sold in California is exactly the same as the FFE sold anywhere else, before I bought my "certified" 2017 FFE I talked talked to many CARB state dealers about getting an EV shipped to Texas and they were all more than willing as long as I paid their price. You can still buy a new FFE off of a dealer's lot in non-CARB states like Wisconsin but I think it really boils down to limited availability.

The pre-2017 FFE was largely unpopular and didn't sell well even when Ford tried to sell in non-CARB states like Texas. The 2017 model is selling much better but I think Ford is reluctant to invest in a model that historically has been such a poor seller. Still even with elevated sales inventory of 2017 FFEs has been increasing so Ford seems to be ramping up production of the FFE a bit.

Texas FFE The sales numbers say otherwise. https://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/ I wouldn't consider any car that consistently sells less than 150 copies a month a success and it is no better than the pre 2017 models. The fact still remains unless you are in a carb state it is an ordeal to get your hands on one. I talked to my local dealer the other day and they've only ever been able to get 1 FFE in since the FFE came out in 2011. How is that not treating the car like a compliance car? When I purchased my car no dealer in Michigan or Ohio could get me a FFE. I had to go to NY or WI.

carcon27 said:
Well Folks...my FFE is finally in! I pick it up this coming Monday! As many mentioned, the dealership was completely useless throughout this experience. I had to call Ford Canada myself to track down where exactly my car was, and they were able to tell me in 2 minutes. My car was sitting at my dealership's lot since this past Monday, however my Sales guy couldn't be bothered to check this. Pathetic. No such thing as good customer service anymore at car dealers.

For those that have commented to have just waited for the 2018 model and get it next month......um...yeah...right. Realistically people won't get their hands on a 2018 by June of 2018...and yeah...they didn't change a thing.

Anyways...I'll post pics of my FFE when i get it Monday.

Here's also something funny....I already downloaded the'my ford mobile' app to my phone....and actually have the car set up! I can start and unlock it remotely right now. I should mess with the dealership and start the car while they're prepping it. Have already set all the charging settings on it . it's pretty cool!

Hi, Congratulations :D :D :D can you do that without linking your car to your phone? I thought linking is required for accessing the car remotely. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, could you please share your dealer's info to see if it is the same as mine (if possible). Thanks

Kamroud said:
Hi, Congratulations :D :D :D can you do that without linking your car to your phone? I thought linking is required for accessing the car remotely. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, could you please share your dealer's info to see if it is the same as mine (if possible). Thanks
Yes: You don't have to "link" the car to your phone--you don't link the car to your phone in fact. You just add the car to your my ford mobile account (which you can access either via a phone, tablet, or the website).

jmueller065 said:
Kamroud said:
Yes: You don't have to "link" the car to your phone--you don't link the car to your phone in fact. You just add the car to your my ford mobile account (which you can access either via a phone, tablet, or the website).
When I go to myfordmobile and click on Vehicle Management and click on my car, there is a message saying "Using the screen inside your vehicle confirm that you want to link it with your myford mobile account". did you pass this stage? how? Thanks

Kamroud said:
When I go to myfordmobile and click on Vehicle Management and click on my car, there is a message saying "Using the screen inside your vehicle confirm that you want to link it with your myford mobile account". did you pass this stage? how? Thanks
Did you get the first prompt?

When you add the car to your account you should get a prompt on the myfordtouch screen asking to be added to your account, then 24 hours later you'll get a 2nd one.

If you didn't get the prompts try removing the car and re-adding it.

I think hes wondering how he was able to gain access to all the cars functions before he even has it. Someone would have to physically go in the car and answer the prompts, 24 hours apart, in order to gain such access. How was this possible?

Carbuff said:
I think hes wondering how he was able to gain access to all the cars functions before he even has it. Someone would have to physically go in the car and answer the prompts, 24 hours apart, in order to gain such access. How was this possible?
Well its possible because the dealer may have been prepping it when the first prompt popped up, someone there saw it and answered "Yes".

Did that with my FFE when I picked it up: Setup the app sitting at the salesman's desk while he was pulling it around and the prompt appeared as he was driving it (freaked him out LOL).

jmueller065 said:
Carbuff said:
Well its possible because the dealer may have been prepping it when the first prompt popped up, someone there saw it and answered "Yes".

Did that with my FFE when I picked it up: Setup the app sitting at the salesman's desk while he was pulling it around and the prompt appeared as he was driving it (freaked him out LOL).

Thats exactly what must have happened. LOL.

Back