An online Ford Focus Electric Forum discussion group

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:13 pm 

I would bet if you plugged in forscan to one of those cars you could read back the battery size.

2013 Focus Electric (lease returned Jan 2016 for the C-Max above)
https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:46 am 

I talked to the lease manager about 3 months before my lease was up. Ford was willing to drop the price to $11K and eat the last 3 lease payments (so it felt like I paid $10K). For me that was worth keeping it. I'll probable buy a longer range EV in a year or two and use the FFE for commuting.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:10 pm 

Is it possible to extend a 3 year lease on a Ford FFE a few extra months?
Is that something a local Ford dealer can decide or is it Ford Credit that would do it if possible?

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:38 am 

I'm fairly certain thats an option NightHawk. I returned my 2013 but I recall them saying that I could extend the lease if I wanted to, instead of returning or buying it.

2013 Ice Storm FFE (lease ended, returned)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:51 pm 

My 2014 FFE lease ends at the end of this month.
Has anyone gotten the free 3rd party inspection prior to turning in their leased Ford car?
I'm trying to set that up now since I'd prefer to know in advance if they find anything to charge for, then be surprised after I turn it in to the local dealer.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:15 pm 

NightHawk wrote:
My 2014 FFE lease ends at the end of this month.
Has anyone gotten the free 3rd party inspection prior to turning in their leased Ford car?
I'm trying to set that up now since I'd prefer to know in advance if they find anything to charge for, then be surprised after I turn it in to the local dealer.

Is your lease with Ford? If it is, they send out a person a few weeks before returning your car to do a complete inspection. They are very thorough. You really have to leave the guy alone, he doesn't want you around during the inspection. You'll get an email a few days afterwards with what they found and how much you will owe. There's no need to hire somebody yourself.

I seem to remember something about all the criteria are in some documents I got near the end of the lease. Dent size was the key thing. We had a dent that was just barely over the limit of normal. Had to pay $210 at lease end. Not unhappy with that price. And they don't care or won't charge you for only one fob. We only turned one fob in - lost one of them a long time ago.

2014 Tesla Model S 85

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:28 pm 

I discovered I needed to call Ford Credit up to get the inspection info, and they were able today to look up my Ford lease account and determined the 3rd party that does the lease end inspections for them tried to contact a month ago. Maybe they called my home number when I wasn't home and didn't leave a message.

In any case I was able to get the phone number from them for the inspection company and called it today and was quickly able to get an inspection appointment to be done at my house next week. They told me there are only two time blocks to select from for the appointment, either 8am-12pm or 12pm-5pm and you get a courtesy call 30min before they will arrive. They told me you are encouraged to hang out with the inspector during the inspection that takes about 25min. They also warn you to make sure if you have any pets to keep them locked inside the house during the inspection - no problem there, my cat is afraid to go outside the house... :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:07 am 

Good thing you got to the inspection thing settled. It isn't nearly as scary as I thought it would be - the guy was super nice, he did a great job. It isn't like an IRS audit or going the principal's office.

I left the guy alone when he did the inspection. That's pretty much how he wanted it. I think my wife offered him coffee or water.

2014 Tesla Model S 85

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:19 am 

I will likely look to find someone to take over my lease about 15 months early in Feb/March. My 2016 will have tons of miles/month available and with the insurance on the condition it should be a good deal for someone.

BTW: I am in Sacramento area

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:58 pm 

The lease on our 2014 Focus Electric ends in about 4 weeks. While I was originally contemplating extending the lease to wait and see about the Model 3, but after much debate and consideration, we moved on something sooner.

We have about a month of overlap between the Focus Electric and the new car so expect a comparison soon.

In the meantime, still waiting to get my lease end inspection done. Anticipating getting charged mostly for other people's mistakes (e.g. door dings) but we shall see.

East-West Brothers Garage
http://www.eastwestbrothersgarage.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next