Ford Parts HVB Price Increase

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awefulspeller

Anyone else notice that the price of a replacement HVB from Ford has drastically increased in price? At one point it was below $10,000. Not it lists for $21,214.18. Is this because the 2018 battery packs are new, will be used on FFE from any year, and/or has more Kw??

tonysbtr said:
Can you share a link to the page with the current pricing of the battery?
I cannot send direct link because I cannot get to the HVB part without entering my VIN number. Don't want to share my VIN on the internet. But, here is a screenshot...

2013_FFE_Battery.png

Thanks, I can't tell by the screenshot. Is that fordparts.com?

You can search the part number on other sites.
Part is still showing ~ $8K here
https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-battery_fm5z-10b759-e.html

There have actually been several threads on this subject. The replacement part numbers have changed. The replacement battery packs with the older part number are still at the lower price but the battery packs with the newer part numbers are listed at the higher price. Nobody has posted any definitive information but it's assumed that the older part numbers are still the 23 kWh battery pack where is the newer part numbers are the 33.5 kWh battery pack.

Not sure where you were looking that you had to enter a VIN number (some places like the VIN so they can be certain you did a perfect match, but it is only a suggestion). AutoNation (used to be Tousley) no problem finding the battery without a VIN.

Comparing the 2013 and 2017, the same battery number is listed. So it would stand to reason they are the same thing. If a 2017 had a larger battery in it, well the replacement battery for everybody is the larger battery. The part number is the one mentioned other places - 10b759

AutoNation always discounts Ford parts, the battery is for sale at $19,836.

https://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/oem-parts/ford-battery-h1fz10b759e

part number H1FZ-10B759-E which supersedes CM5Z-10B759-K. Why would anyone buy a new battery when it's cheaper to buy a new FFE?

You probably can't get the old battery anymore. I just had mine replaced under warranty and it is the new battery. I'm sure Ford would have installed the old battery if they had one to use.

davideos said:
You probably can't get the old battery anymore. I just had mine replaced under warranty and it is the new battery. I'm sure Ford would have installed the old battery if they had one to use.
So you had an older smaller battery and replaced it with bigger ? good deal what happened to your battery?

lietuviukasd said:
davideos said:
So you had an older smaller battery and replaced it with bigger ? good deal what happened to your battery?

I went to leave work and I got the 'Stop Safely Now' within 1 or 2 seconds of pressing the START button but before the green "Ready" light would normally illuminate. Pulled fuses in the event it was just the computer being screwy. After messing with it, I had it towed to the dealer. In the end, it took 50 days to get it fixed. They put in the 33Kw 2017 battery. The old one had to go to Ford and checked out. A new one had to be sent back and installed, and a technician had to come out and reprogram the car for the new battery. Physically the same fit but I guess some of the settings associated with the new battery are different.

Had an issue the following week after getting it back, but to make a long story short, they forgot to refill the coolant system. Another trip to the dealer; but fortunately it wasn't hot yet and the only problem was when charging because the on-board charger would get too hot and so the charge current would get throttled back.

I had a battery issue before where it was sent back to Ford. Perhaps their previous patch job on my old battery came unglued. Don't know...but I hope this one lasts :) I'm at about 45k miles if it makes any difference.

Pearl said:
davideos said:
They put in the 33Kw 2017 battery.
So you now have 100+ miles of range on your pre-2017 FFE?
Yes. Depending on how I drive, I can get more than that. Usable battery capacity is 30KWh as determined by the tripometer. So my 2012 has the capacity of a 2017.

davideos said:
Pearl said:
davideos said:
They put in the 33Kw 2017 battery.
So you now have 100+ miles of range on your pre-2017 FFE?
Yes. Depending on how I drive, I can get more than that. Usable battery capacity is 30KWh as determined by the tripometer. So my 2012 has the capacity of a 2017.
Sweet! My 2017 appears to have 29-30kwh available based on the tripometer (and analyzing multiple trips' kwh vs percentages after downloading from myfordmobile.com using http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4044 chrome extension) so that sounds right.

Back