Chrome/FireFox extension for MyFordMobile to load/save full trip log

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FiSh

It was kinda frustrating that My Ford Mobile website didn't give full trip and charge log (only last 30 items were available). So I created a little chrome/firefox extension that would load more and more log items if you wish. (the capability was there on the server side, it's just front-end developers were lazy to implement paging)
I also added "Save All" button to export full log in a raw .json format that is coming from the server. The .json file can be then converted to a readable .csv table using web service like this

Update:
Seems like Ford is clearing entries after some time (around 100 trip entries are left)
So if you want to keep track of your driving stats, better save them regularly.

Update 15/07/2019:
Ford now keeps logs for at least 1 year. This caused issues saving the log as it got really big. I fixed it in version 1.3 of the extension.
Also works on .eu version of the myfordmobile

FiSh said:
It was kinda frustrating that My Ford Mobile website didn't give full trip and charge log (only last 30 items were available). So I created a little chrome extension that would load more and more log items if you wish. (the capability was there on the server side, it's just front-end developers were lazy to implement paging)
I also added "Save All" button to export full log in a raw .json format that is coming from the server. The .json file can be then converted to a readable .csv table using web service like this
Thanks! I installed this and I'm looking at the MFM website, Trip & Charge log, but I don't see any new buttons?

spirilis said:
Thanks! I installed this and I'm looking at the MFM website, Trip & Charge log, but I don't see any new buttons?
Go to this page and see at the bottom right blue "More" and red "Save All" links.
XYwJxKG.png

FiSh said:
spirilis said:
Go to this page and see at the bottom right blue "More" and red "Save All" links.
I see; my main bookmark for MFM is "www.myfordmobile.com" which wasn't working. Chopping off the www. prefix works.

spirilis said:
I see; my main bookmark for MFM is "www.myfordmobile.com" which wasn't working. Chopping off the www. prefix works.
Thanks for pointing that out. I updated it to work both ways.
Also fixed a little error in the script that would cause skipping some log entries when you click "More" for the first time. (the update might take some time to see in the chrome store)

Seems like Ford is clearing entries after some time (around 100 entries are left) My driving stats are not available past September 27th, charging stats are there though.
So if you want to keep track of your driving stats, better save them regularly.

To date more then 500 trip&charge entries (from November) available for me, so either Ford stopped clearing them or increased maximum amount

Hi,

could you please make your extension also work with myfordmobile.eu?! The underlying server side capabilities should be the same.

Thank you very much.

Cheers,
Simon

Great extension!

Did someone built a excel spreadsheet or app to read the export and get totals per month?
I don't want to reinvent the wheel if someone already did.

If not Ill share mine when done.

Thanks

I am running the current version of Chrome on my iMac. When I click on the Save All button after adding the extension, I get a download Failed - Network error. I have tried reinstalling the extension and saving the button as a link. Any thoughts as to what I can do?

I've updated extension to save properly logs.
Seems like there was a problem with saving large logs before as Ford now keeps more entries.
I also added .eu site to the list of permissions so that people from there could try it as well (I don't know if it works or not)
I don't have a MAC to test though.

Also, made a Firefox addon
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-CA/firefox/addon/my-ford-mobile-extension/

Back