An online Ford Focus Electric Forum discussion group

It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Value Charge Failure
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:20 pm 

I did see that I could set up my own Value Charge profile where I can modify a graph to set the rates and time. Kind of a clunky interface. No way to see the actual time you set for the changes, just a rough scale with no dividing lines. I guess I could revise my home Value Charge to be user defined. I'm not sure what good that would do though. Since it is an intermittent problem, I don't think it is related to the Value Charge configuration.

The method you are describing for charging sounds like Go Times. You set the time you wish to leave and it has the car charged and ready at that time. That method is useful if you wish to have the vehicle cabin warmed or cooled to a set temperature using shore power instead of onboard power. Maybe I will try using that method and see if I have luck. I'm fortunate enough to live on the California coast and don't normally need to precondition my car cabin temperature.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:24 pm 

jeffroper wrote:
I did see that I could set up my own Value Charge profile where I can modify a graph to set the rates and time. Kind of a clunky interface. No way to see the actual time you set for the changes, just a rough scale with no dividing lines. I guess I could revise my home Value Charge to be user defined. I'm not sure what good that would do though. Since it is an intermittent problem, I don't think it is related to the Value Charge configuration.

The method you are describing for charging sounds like Go Times. You set the time you wish to leave and it has the car charged and ready at that time. That method is useful if you wish to have the vehicle cabin warmed or cooled to a set temperature using shore power instead of onboard power. Maybe I will try using that method and see if I have luck. I'm fortunate enough to live on the California coast and don't normally need to precondition my car cabin temperature.

Well similar to go times. Go times, as you say, gets the car to the proper temp by the time you are ready to go. I also used go times extensively with my FFE (and my C-Max). Every day I get in a toasty warm, or nice and cool car ;).

The idea of charging as late as possible is more for battery conditioning and longevity.

2013 Focus Electric (lease returned Jan 2016 for the C-Max above)
https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:28 pm 

I contacted the dealership and talked to the salesman who is somewhat knowledgeable about Value Charging. He said to try deleting the Value Charging Profiles that I set up online and modify the Default Value Charging Profile to just specify the times directly using the car's Sync 3 interface. It worked last night, we will see if it continues to work.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:05 pm 

jeffroper wrote:
I contacted the dealership and talked to the salesman who is somewhat knowledgeable about Value Charging. He said to try deleting the Value Charging Profiles that I set up online and modify the Default Value Charging Profile to just specify the times directly using the car's Sync 3 interface. It worked last night, we will see if it continues to work.

Yeah I had to do that in my C-Max--couldn't get anything other than default to work.

2013 Focus Electric (lease returned Jan 2016 for the C-Max above)
https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/