What was your 'build' time?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davidd said:
I work for a Ford dealer in Texas. There are no electric Focuses in Texas. After thinking about this purchase for about three years I decided to order mine March 15th. It took eleven weeks for Ford to assign my vehicle a VIN and it looks like it will be assembled about the third week of July. That is a little over four months. My birthday is Aug. 1. Hope I'm driving it on my birthday.

Congrats! I ordered on March 17th and have the same delivery date (third week of July) as you. Our FFE's are on the same assembly line! I live in Vancouver, BC.

elec2017 said:
Jeff-FFE said:
I'm in Vancouver Canada, and ordered a FFE March 9. My dealer checked with Ford today, saying the car was set for assembly "last week of April", with a hopeful delivery mid-May. That would seem very fast, as it looks like others are waiting 3 months.

If you ordered in early March, that's probably the right waiting time. I feel like the orders really went up at the end of March. Now when people order they are told 5 months waiting time.

My FFE arrived yesterday. Just over 3 months. It was worth the wait though. I love the car!

Jeff-FFE said:
My FFE arrived yesterday. Just over 3 months. It was worth the wait though. I love the car!
Great news! I'll have to keep an eye open for it. (What colour?)

After four weeks with mine I'm still finding excuses to drive it all the time. It's got to wear off sometime, right?

ghiebert said:
Jeff-FFE said:
Great news! I'll have to keep an eye open for it. (What colour?)

After four weeks with mine I'm still finding excuses to drive it all the time. It's got to wear off sometime, right?

I ordered the black, with leather. Too bad Ford doesn't offer other options. A sunroof would have been nice. Oh well, still a great car.

update on my order from March 15. My car was built on June 29th. I'm still waiting for them to ship it. Looks like August before I will have my car.

When will they start taking orders for 2018 model? I'm hoping to be able to order it (at a great price) during Labor day sale so ... when will I get it? What month did they start taking orders for the 2017 models? When did the 2017 models start showing up?

I think I like the new green, but not being able to see it before I order it SUCKS! My last few cars have been grey or black so I'm ready for something new.

Back