Global Windows Open/Close on FFE

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TareqAwad

Hi does anyone know how to program the keyfob to open/close the windows on the Focus electric?

Thanks

do some searching on the focus fanatics forum. I read something about that over there. I believe you have to connect a computer or smart phone to the OBDII port and change a setting on the car. If I happen to come across that info again I'll repost it here as I want to do that too.

I now have global window open/close enabled. It functions by pressing unlock and releasing then pressing unlock and hold for 5 seconds and the windows come down. Putting then up is just the same except with the lock button.

It did involve struggling and fighting the FoCCCus program for several hours. The damned thing kept erroring out with "Error during loading VBF" I read on this forum post over on focus fanatics that said they read somewhere that you had to have everything off or it causes errors while talking to the BCM. Well in the process of reading or writing a new configuration the climate controls turns on defrost at 75F. After probably 30 attempts to write the new configuration it finally completed without erroring out. I had to quickly turn off the climate control when it popped on to get past the error.

The whole process is as "simple" as reading the BCM config a zillion times until it completes giving me the original config in case I ever want to go back to factory and forgot what I've changed. Save that config file. Then I changed parameter 184 to "Global Open/Close (B-Max)" from the obvious "disabled" original parameter.

Out of curiousity I also changed parameter 16 "LED DRL" to see if that would make the LED eyebrows into DRLs. This doesn't appear to work and I'm ok with that since I hate DRLs with a passion. Thought I'd test it out and maybe help someone that actually wants DRLs. Annoyingly I do get two DTCs for a short or open circuit for left and right DRL. :lol:

You also have to use FORScan to clear the bazillion error codes caused by FoCCCus (all communication errors). If anyone has any insights on how to keep FoCCCus from erroring, I'd greatly appreciate it. I might try playing with some other options but as it is now it's too much of a pain. BTW I read my configuration with vers. 0.82 and wrote it with 0.86. not sure it matters which of these versions you use. I was playing around with different versions to see if one worked better than the other and didn't see a difference. those versions above were just what I happened to get lucky with the process completing without errors.

I think I will leave "DRL LED" enabled. It doesn't enable daytime running lights but I have noticed one positive side effect. If I just have the marker lights on when I turn the car off these lights turn off too. Where before they would stay on. So now it functions with the marker lights just like the head lights. The thing I like is if I forget to turn off the marker lights and don't notice the chime when I get out, the marker lights don't stay on draining my 12V battery. The way it functions now with the marker lights is exactly the same way it functions with the headlights on.

I'm getting "Can't enter security into ECU" error while reading/writing to BCM in FoCCCus. Any advice? ForScan works perfectly.

What ODBII adapter are you using? Some work better than others. Mine worked better after I changed a setting in the port settings in windows. I don't remember what it was that I changed though.

Back