What to use to clean cloth seats?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottt

Staff member
Sorry if this has been posted before. Probably not using the proper search words.

I HATE beige, but as you know it's the only color interior that was offered to us.

What do you use to clean the seats? I try to be super careful, but I'm already seeing small stains and such.

thanks!

Try a Mr. Clean "Magic Eraser" or similar product - it worked for me on my 2014 FEE with cloth seats.

MagicEraserOriginal.jpg

NightHawk said:
Try a Mr. Clean "Magic Eraser" or similar product - it worked for me on my 2014 FEE with cloth seats.
Huh? You rub these on the cloth seats to clean them? Don't they (the sponges) just disintegrate if you do that?

For me, Magic Erasers work well on smooth or lightly textured nonporous surfaces, but anything with texture just starts to eat the sponge away very quickly.

I'm sure Magic Erasers would work well on leather/vinyl, but I'm having a hard time seeing how they would work (at all) to clean cloth.

Well I don't think the "cloth" seats in the FFE are really "cloth": Aren't they just recycled pop bottles, so just a plastic thread weaved together.

I always thought the seats felt more plasticy than "cloth" and seemed to clean up pretty easily.

Back