An online Ford Focus Electric Forum discussion group

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:51 pm 

joeyfraser wrote:
In Quebec we receive 8000$ and in Ontario it is 14000$

$5000 in BC. And there have been additional $3000 and $6000 incentives for scrapping old ICE vehicles in favour of EVs.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:46 am 

joeyfraser wrote:
Hello,

I just want to share my Ford Focus Electric 2017 Guess-O-Meter today :D

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0w ... 5062A5FB12
(sorry I don't know how to resize the image)
258 km / 161 miles

I think my Focus get nervous because we will receive our new Chevy Bolt next week! :lol:

Your tires are probably over-inflated due to high temperatures outside. I checked mine this morning while cold and they were at 47 psi. Awfully close to the limit of 51 psi that the tires can take. I removed some air to put them down to 41. Having higher pressure in your tires does increase range, but at the cost of lower traction, uneven tire wear and a harsher ride.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:19 pm 

I am not sure that my tires were over inflated. I am doing a range of about 210 km when temperature is higher than 20 degrees Celsius.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:47 am 

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and a new FFE owner. I bought a 2017 in October. So far I enjoy the car but I'm wondering if some of you can help me out with conserving/saving energy. I live in Ontario, Canada and the winter can be problematic. I drive about 35km to work one way. One day last week I unplugged my car in the morning with a range of 190km. I came home with only 15km left! I tried everything from minimal use of heating, driving in L, etc. All my gauges were in the blue, as well. Yet no matter what I did I kept on losing mileage and was in the negative. This has happened before, in warmer weather. Am I doing something wrong?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:57 am 

FFE-Guy wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and a new FFE owner. I bought a 2017 in October. So far I enjoy the car but I'm wondering if some of you can help me out with conserving/saving energy. I live in Ontario, Canada and the winter can be problematic. I drive about 35km to work one way. One day last week I unplugged my car in the morning with a range of 190km. I came home with only 15km left! I tried everything from minimal use of heating, driving in L, etc. All my gauges were in the blue, as well. Yet no matter what I did I kept on losing mileage and was in the negative. This has happened before, in warmer weather. Am I doing something wrong?

Check tire pressure (should be close to 41). Reduce heater usage (set the auto temperature target to a low number). Pre-heat the car with the remote starter while plugged in before you leave. Also, allow some time (a few days) for the guess-o-meter to adapt to your driving habits, temperature and possibly new tires and driving conditions. After a few days, the guess-o-meter should give you an accurate value when you get in and only vary when the outside temperature changes (if on a given day the heater has to work more than yesterday, you will have less range today so the guess-o-meter will slowly adjust as you drive).

Good luck! I know I'm finding that the range has dropped drastically with lower temperatures.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:17 am 

85 kms range (35+35+15) seems like very low even for such a winter as we have here in Ontario) Yesterday I drove about 75 kms and came back with about 40% juice left, so roughly 140 kms total range.
What speeds are you driving at? If it's 120km/h highway driving, then yeah I can see your range dropping to below 100.
Driving on L won't help you much with range. What's your average consumption when you finish your trip? Check your myfordmobile trip and charge log.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:18 pm 

FFE-Guy wrote:
Hello everyone,

It was -18C this morning in Montreal, Qc this morning. I drive 55 km for commute, total of 110 km. I have to stop by a DC fast charger when it is colder than -10C because I do not have enough battery to come back home. My range was around 200 km in the summer, it is normal to have 40/50% less in extreme cold weather.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:37 pm 

Hi,
I live in Toronto and in these days with cold weather (today -17 C or 4 F) I cannot get more than 120-130 KM per full charge. I use the seat heater plus the auto temp is on 20 C to save energy. Just wanted to share my story.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:35 pm 

Thanks for the tips, guys. I do all of that. I preheat car before I leave and it's still plugged in. I usually allow 10 min before I unplug. The heater is set to 19C. Tire pressure is fine and it's mostly city driving at at avg of 60km/hr.

Just one question: What's the "Guess-O-Metre"?

PS. I have the myford application but it won't sync with my car. So I have no data to go on.

Like I said. I'm new to all this....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:38 pm 

FFE-Guy wrote:
Thanks for the tips, guys. I do all of that. I preheat car before I leave and it's still plugged in. I usually allow 10 min before I unplug. The heater is set to 19C. Tire pressure is fine and it's mostly city driving at at avg of 60km/hr.

Just one question: What's the "Guess-O-Metre"?

PS. I have the myford application but it won't sync with my car. So I have no data to go on.

Like I said. I'm new to all this....

The Guess-O-Meter is what we call the range to empty display (miles to empty). Since it fluctuates wildly based on current consumption it appears more as a guess than some accurate value.

More on that here: https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/20 ... s-o-meter/

2013 Focus Electric (lease returned Jan 2016 for the C-Max above)
https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next