An online Ford Focus Electric Forum discussion group

It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:54 pm 

I saw a few posts yesterday related to not being able to order a '17FFE as as of May 12th...seems the entire production has
been allocated already.

I have been trying to "order" one since December and was told last week that my region (Great Lakes) had no
allocation so far this year and that a regional manager was trying to pull some strings.

Looks like Ford is not really trying to sell the FFE ..but that much we knew. If the demand is there why would they not increase production?

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:41 am 

fbitz777 wrote:
Looks like Ford is not really trying to sell the FFE ..but that much we knew. If the demand is there why would they not increase production?

A few possibilities:
  • Despite what Ford has been saying publicly: they really do hate EVs and don't want to make any
  • Or perhaps Ford has something else in store for 2017 coming really soon? (hahahaha! yeah right who am I kidding)
  • Your dealer is lying and really doesn't want to sell any more (probably not if you have a good working relationship with them)
  • Perhaps Ford is having issues getting the new larger battery?

My money is on the first item to some extent.

2013 Focus Electric (lease returned Jan 2016 for the C-Max above)
https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:08 am 

I just think they had a certain number of FFE they planned to build and they are all allocated...seems like a majority went to Canada!
Certainly none in my region (I started inquiring back in December).

I had just brought my '16FFE for 20k maintenance, inspection and recalls (differential and TCU) and they were extremely nice and did all of it in a day....total charge was 28$ which is the only expense I had on car since new besides new tires.

And they had quoted me a trade in value for '16FFE and quote for '17FFE with nice discount.

But again I have yet to see another FFE around my area (vs tens of teslas)

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:29 am 

At the beginning of the year I had multiple dealers give me the same line "No allocations". Well, maybe THEY couldn't get an allocation, but others could and I got my 2017.

I would not trust any dealer's word on that.

Anyway, there is a white 2017 on a dealer lot near me in Center line,Michigan.
http://shop.ford.com/inventory/focus/de ... dsource=bp

Other dealers have them too.

There have been a decent number of 2017s made.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:23 pm 

fbitz777 wrote:
I just think they had a certain number of FFE they planned to build and they are all allocated...seems like a majority went to Canada!

Perhaps the allocations went to Canada, but the cars themselves haven't made it here yet. I just talked to my dealer, and mine's been on a train in Kent WA for two weeks now.

And of course I was overly optimistic and got rid of my old car three weeks ago. :(

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:12 am 

actually thinking more about it:

I takes 90 days from order to delivery it seems and they usually end production in August
So it make sense that there would be no more allocation as they seem to have enough orders.

So does not mean you can't find a dealer without one (I my case however there are none even in a 100 mile radius)

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:13 am 

Quote:
I takes 90 days from order to delivery it seems and they usually end production in August
So it make sense that there would be no more allocation as they seem to have enough orders.

But wouldn't it make sense to start taking 2018 orders earlier than that? Even with the understanding that they might not actually show up until 2018, it seems that they should want to hold onto potential customers.

Quote:
So does not mean you can't find a dealer without one (I my case however there are none even in a 100 mile radius)

It's almost impossible to find one on a lot around these parts. A couple show up in Ford's online "dealer inventory", but when you contact the dealer they are already gone. (I tried this route a couple of months ago.)

It's not surprising. The one I'm getting wasn't a custom order by me, but was actually ordered by my dealer a couple of weeks before I went in. (I had reasons to be concerned about delivery timeline, so I compromised on colour to take what seemed more like a sure thing.)

One of the cars showing up online as being in my local dealer's inventory is, in fact, my car. The VIN matches the one they promised me.