Hint At Future Electrified Focus, Explorer, Transit, Kuga

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cutler03gt said:
An Escape Energi would already be in our garage if it was available today
It kind of already is, its just called a C-Max.

Parked next to my wife's Escape my C-Max looks virtually identical (except for the ugly mug on the front of the C-max). They both are basically "stretched" Focuses.

jmueller065 said:
cutler03gt said:
An Escape Energi would already be in our garage if it was available today
It kind of already is, its just called a C-Max.

Parked next to my wife's Escape my C-Max looks virtually identical (except for the ugly mug on the front of the C-max). They both are basically "stretched" Focuses.

Tried to tell my wife that, but I guess it wasn't SUV enough :roll:

She's had both and prefers an Escape to the C-MAX. I on the other hand, prefer the C-MAX.

cutler03gt said:
Tried to tell my wife that, but I guess it wasn't SUV enough :roll:

She's had both and prefers an Escape to the C-MAX. I on the other hand, prefer the C-MAX.
Well you can't get an AWD C-Max (that'd be nuts!) and the battery does use up a lot of the space in the Energi (I find, though, I still have enough room for a lot of stuff back there).

The cabin is virtually identical between my Escape and C-Max, but the cargo area of even a non-Energi C-Max pales in comparison to the Escape. The ride experience, especially in the back seat is also much more pleasing in the Escape, I'm not sure why, as the interior dimensions are almost the same, but the Escape does have reclining (albeit minimal) rear seats.

A major advantage (besides cargo) to the Escape is AWD and better ground clearance.

Pearl said:
The ride experience, especially in the back seat is also much more pleasing in the Escape, I'm not sure why, as the interior dimensions are almost the same, but the Escape does have reclining (albeit minimal) rear seats.

Don't the C-MAX rears recline too? I thought they did, but it's been a while since I was in the back of one.

cutler03gt said:
Don't the C-MAX rears recline too? I thought they did, but it's been a while since I was in the back of one.
Don't think they do, haven't tried in my C-Max.

Funny "the seats in the Escape recline" yeah like airline seats do! LOL as in very little.

Back