Is there a way to automatically begin each trip in recirc ?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merkurmaniac

In Texas, the A/C is run nearly all the time. Its annoying to have to hit the recirculate button on the HVAC controls each time. Is there any way for the recirc "on" to be set as the default ? It would be nice.

Richard

I completely understand wanting that as a feature but I've gotta say, in every car I've had that doesn't have a mechanical way of setting recirculation... the car always defaults to outside air as a source.

+1 How hard can it be to make the climate control have the same settings as when it was turned off? This is one of my pet peeves about the FFE. I'm surprised something this basic was overlooked.

triangles said:
This is one of my pet peeves about the FFE.
This is not exclusive to the FFE. I have the exact same climate controls in my Escape and C-Max that behave in the exact same manner.

I can see that as being a safety issue: If the car is always on recirc no fresh air could be getting in. Of course this isn't nearly the issue it would be on an ICE powered car but since the FFE uses some of the same parts as the ICE Focus...

Pearl said:
This is not exclusive to the FFE. I have the exact same climate controls in my Escape and C-Max that behave in the exact same manner.
:lol: You'll have to forgive me then for my dealings with superior yet antiquated climate controls from 17 or 18 years ago in my previous/other vehicles that are 100% manual and conveniently stay exactly as I had last set them. I now see ford has gone stupid with their current climate controls and this isn't something exclusive to the FFE.

triangles said:
Pearl said:
:lol: You'll have to forgive me then for my dealings with superior yet antiquated climate controls from 17 or 18 years ago in my previous/other vehicles that are 100% manual and conveniently stay exactly as I had last set them. I now see ford has gone stupid with their current climate controls and this isn't something exclusive to the FFE.

Those manual levers required no software to keep them in the position they where when you turn the car off. LOL.

My 2015 Focus Electric does keep the same settings.

I leave climate control on when I shut the car off. I am not worried about sapping power from the 12v battery to turn the ICE starter motor. Nor am I worried about putting a load on the "engine" when the compresser kicks on right after start.

Is set the A/C to Recirc every time I start the car. In my 2013, it defaults to fresh, but in my case hot and humid outside air. This issue, plus the idiocy of the car heating the air if you make the setpoint slightly hotter for the a/c, are two dumb things that could be an easy software fix and save some wasted battery. How about:

If.outside.air.temp > 75°F,
then Set Heater.=disabled.

Seems like an easy programming step. In Houston, I don't see me using the heater much, except in the dead of winter (my winter was 3 days long this year.)

I wish the heater had a dedicated button similar to the AC. I remember reading about a Leaf mod that prevents the heater from engaging unless the AC button was enabled.

Back