An online Ford Focus Electric Forum discussion group

It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:56 am 

Officially dropped mine off today.... and was alerted there is a second recall notice...

FSA Title: TELEMATICS CONTROL UNIT REPROGRAMMING
Field Service Action Number: 17B07

I'm told the telematics unit can drain the battery under certain conditions after a few days of not starting the car. This service corrects the problem, and is a free service until August 2018.

As for the original recall it was nice when the service desk lady is like... whoa I haven't seen one of these recalls yet (all i thought was great so your techs haven't either!) She said this is a 4.5 hour recall. She will update later today with the status and if i should return today or tomorrow.

As for second recall she said it should just be a software update

Fingers crossed my cars sounds normal after the work!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:16 pm 

shniestEV wrote:
Officially dropped mine off today.... and was alerted there is a second recall notice...

FSA Title: TELEMATICS CONTROL UNIT REPROGRAMMING
Field Service Action Number: 17B07

I'm told the telematics unit can drain the battery under certain conditions after a few days of not starting the car. This service corrects the problem, and is a free service until August 2018.

As for the original recall it was nice when the service desk lady is like... whoa I haven't seen one of these recalls yet (all i thought was great so your techs haven't either!) She said this is a 4.5 hour recall. She will update later today with the status and if i should return today or tomorrow.

As for second recall she said it should just be a software update

Fingers crossed my cars sounds normal after the work!

Hmmm, nothing listed for my 2015. Wonder what years FSA 17B07 covers.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:58 am 

I believe if i understood correctly it may just be a software upgrade for the 3G modem. If you upgraded to the 3G from 2G you may already have the new software and it may not be required. My guess is maybe 2016s with original 3G require the update.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:21 pm 

henryfocus wrote:
They are replacing the electric motor next. It's still not clear how it went from recall work to this point, but here we are.

Looks like they first gave you a bad differential unit (the debris is proof) or forget to put oil in it.
The debris getting lodged inside the differential caused shock-loading (spiking torques) & subsequent damage to the upstream motor's driveshaft bearings and housings, causing the funny bike card noise.

News: I got another recall letter, this time stating they REALLY do have parts available finally, so my Ford service advisor is on it, supposedly. Waiting.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:10 pm 

electrons wrote:
Looks like they first gave you a bad differential unit (the debris is proof) or forget to put oil in it.
The debris getting lodged inside the differential caused shock-loading (spiking torques) & subsequent damage to the upstream motor's driveshaft bearings and housings, causing the funny bike card noise.

Electrons, thank you for that explanation. It makes sense.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:09 am 

I got the differential recall completed this past week along with the telematics control unit reprogramming. Took 10 days and they gave me a rental car during that time at no charge. Other than it taking so long and the slowness of service at the dealer, it was not a problem. So far it seems to be running the same as before. No sounds...grinding...etc.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:27 am 

TomEV wrote:
I got the differential recall completed this past week along with the telematics control unit reprogramming. Took 10 days and they gave me a rental car during that time at no charge. Other than it taking so long and the slowness of service at the dealer, it was not a problem. So far it seems to be running the same as before. No sounds...grinding...etc.

Just got mine back last night... dropped it off thursday picked it up tuesday. They claimed they didnt get a chance to work on it friday and were closed on the weekend. (probably should have just dropped off monday then)

Anyways i had both done and all seems normal... my myfordmobile went crazy tuesday morning i assumed during the TCU reprogramming.

Also requested a loaner so wasn't to bad... the CMax hybrid they gave me was very similar.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:06 pm 

Dealer in NorCal told me yesterday that parts are still not available, 10 months after the recall. Great way to instill confidence in the brand Ford, not

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:12 pm 

2016 Differential recall - Dealer stated all parts were on hand. Two days later a multi-day delay for parts. Should be done after the weekend. Will see if the work is done on time and successfully

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:29 pm 

Just a quick update from me. The replacement motor didn't solve the problem so Ford bought it back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next