FFE ...is it on the rebound? 407 sold in March!

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fbitz777

woah ...used to be 100 per month typically..and I thought it was production constrained not lack of demand.

http://insideevs.com/march-ev-sales-2nd-best-month-ever-in-us-momentum-now-unstoppable/

But the biggest surprise of the month was definitely the Ford Focus Electric! After 60 months in a row of selling 150 units (+/-99 copies), the new long ranger model finally arrived (115 miles – up from 76 via a 33.5 kWh battery), and with it – a sizable amount of customer orders that piled up over the past ~4 months.

fbitz777 said:
woah ...used to be 100 per month typically..and I thought it was production constrained not lack of demand.

http://insideevs.com/march-ev-sales-2nd-best-month-ever-in-us-momentum-now-unstoppable/

But the biggest surprise of the month was definitely the Ford Focus Electric! After 60 months in a row of selling 150 units (+/-99 copies), the new long ranger model finally arrived (115 miles – up from 76 via a 33.5 kWh battery), and with it – a sizable amount of customer orders that piled up over the past ~4 months.

Wonder how many of those sales were the new and improved 2017 model vs people taking advantage of the screaming deals available on leftover 2016s.....

I wonder how my orders are from Canadians in Ontario. The government rebate was bumped up to $14000 for electric cars which makes this car really affordable. I got mine just around $20k out the door after all the rebates and incentives.

Check the November - February sales, and follow up with April...

No one could get their hands on FFE's... It's the same sales rate, just crammed into a single month due to lack of supply. It will return back to normal (low) levels in June after the new builds have been satisfied.

Back to normal and low numbers last two months....
http://insideevs.com/record-ev-sales-in-may-for-us-lead-by-the-toyota-prius-prime-again/

oh well that was wishful thinking that the '17 FFE with its increased range would spark more production

but again I tried to order one 4 months ago and they now claim there is no allocation anyhow.

fbitz777 said:
oh well that was wishful thinking that the '17 FFE with its increased range would spark more production

but again I tried to order one 4 months ago and they now claim there is no allocation anyhow.
Actually that means a lot more people want the FFE, Ford just isn't willing to build them.

Supply and demand: clearly there is enough demand to sell the car out for the rest of the year. Ford needs to kick up the manufacturing more.

I'm retired from Ford and ordered a 2017 FFE six weeks ago (Apr 19) through their "Z" plan (retiree discount) here in Livonia, Michigan. We'd purchased a 2016 ICE Focus hatchback from that dealer's inventory for my wife last November and I was impressed with how quiet the hatchback had become; it replaced a 2005 Focus sedan. I couldn't believe it when the salesman actually printed up information on a C-Max they had in inventory and pointed his pen at what I would pay (less, by a couple thousand dollars), just in case I'd rather buy a hybrid. I remained calm and polite because he'd said he was obliged to offer that car to me. This Ford was my plan 'B,' however. The month before I ordered, I'd really tried to buy a Hyundai Ioniq Electric, although it would have cost far more.

With Tesla suing Michigan and GM building their Bolt, Ford must develop a competitive 'everyman' pure electric. I won't care if the next generation Focus Electric comes out before this year is over or reclaims cargo volume or costs less or has greater range. I'd been in love with the Th!nk when Ford owned 51% of them, but that never happened.

triangles said:
Don't forget it costs more than the FFE or at least it did back in '14 when I bough mine.

The Leaf costs a LOT more than the FFE. Hence why I have an FFE :D

scottt said:
triangles said:
Don't forget it costs more than the FFE or at least it did back in '14 when I bough mine.

They are literally giving these away now.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1110809_lots-of-ways-to-get-10k-off-2017-nissan-leaf-electric-car-by-end-of-june

Pearl said:
scottt said:
triangles said:

They are literally giving these away now.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1110809_lots-of-ways-to-get-10k-off-2017-nissan-leaf-electric-car-by-end-of-june

Looks to be for a lease though. Leasing doesn't work (make sense) in VA where I am as you owe sales tax on the full purchase price. Bought my FFE. Plan to run it till the battery goes no more.

Back