FFE service out of sales market

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gvblake22

I'm not asking if it's possible, I'm asking you, FFE owners, if you would feel confident taking your EV in for service/repairs to a dealership that isn't in a state where the FFE is sold. Is the fact that they service the C-MAX and Fusion Energi models good enough?

Uhh... they sell the FFE in all 50 states. All you need to know is if they are an "electric certified" dealer (ie. they sell plugins and have an EVSE on site). If they are not they won't touch your FFE even if you want them to. :lol: when I picked up my FFE from my local dealer after the last recall the guy though it was a cmax. Since he was just a customer service rep I'll let that slide since I think I'm 1 of only a hand full of FFE's in Ohio and probably the first one this guy had seen.

triangles said:
I think I'm 1 of only a hand full of FFE's in Ohio

I'm right there with ya. The only other FFEs I have seen were at an event in Downtown Cleveland last summer called The Clean Transportation Cruise In. There I saw two FFEs owned by NASA Glen Research Center and two FFEs owned by Cleveland Hopkins Airport.
There's a black FFE that has checked into PlugShare once or twice, but never seen it.

triangles said:
they sell the FFE in all 50 states.
Since the Ford website does not explicitly say there is a limited sales area, I also assumed they were available nationwide. However, I have not been able to find any dealers with new FFE stock in the Phoenix area. The one dealer I visited said they don't sell them in Arizona but they could order it from a dealer in California.

Thanks for the info though, that does help put my mind at ease if I decide to go through with it.

gvblake22 said:
Since the Ford website does not explicitly say there is a limited sales area, I also assumed they were available nationwide. However, I have not been able to find any dealers with new FFE stock in the Phoenix area. The one dealer I visited said they don't sell them in Arizona but they could order it from a dealer in California.

Thanks for the info though, that does help put my mind at ease if I decide to go through with it.
The FFE is a order only car. Only in some states do dealers stock them.

triangles said:
All you need to know is if they are an "electric certified" dealer (ie. they sell plugins and have an EVSE on site).

I would agree with this statement. Any tech that can work on a C-MAX Energi should be fine to work on an FFE. In fact, I'd say the FFE is simpler, due to it lacking all the extra ICE equipment.

gvblake22 said:
I have not been able to find any dealers with new FFE stock in the Phoenix area. The one dealer I visited said they don't sell them in Arizona but they could order it from a dealer in California.
Yup as jmueller pointed out, and you've discovered by their scarcity outside of CARB states they are pretty much a special order item. You used to be able to search on ford's website for "electric certified" dealers at least back in '14 when I was shopping for my FFE. I assume you still can. If not you can always call them and ask if they are an "electric certified" dealer. Make sure there is one convenient to you as they are the only dealers authorized to do warranty work or perform recalls on your FFE.

Pearl said:
The only other FFEs I have seen were at an event in Downtown Cleveland last summer called The Clean Transportation Cruise In. There I saw two FFEs owned by NASA Glen Research Center and two FFEs owned by Cleveland Hopkins Airport.
There's a black FFE that has checked into PlugShare once or twice, but never seen it.
As far as I know there is or was a white FFE in Findlay Ohio. A guy on the focus fanatics forum has one down near Dayton or Cinci. besides mine in Toledo I have seen one owned by the University of Toledo and I spotted a black one once. I wasn't in my FFE and the guy was probably wondering why I was staring at his car. I didn't noticed until it was next to me on the left and I was staring at it trying to determine if it was indeed an FFE and my eyes were't deceiving me.

triangles said:
Pearl said:
The only other FFEs I have seen were at an event in Downtown Cleveland last summer called The Clean Transportation Cruise In. There I saw two FFEs owned by NASA Glen Research Center and two FFEs owned by Cleveland Hopkins Airport.
As far as I know there is or was a white FFE in Findlay Ohio. A guy on the focus fanatics forum has one down near Dayton or Cinci. besides mine in Toledo I have seen one owned by the University of Toledo and I spotted a black one once. I wasn't in my FFE and the guy was probably wondering why I was staring at his car. I didn't noticed until it was next to me on the left and I was staring at it trying to determine if it was indeed an FFE and my eyes were't deceiving me.

There is a white 2013 FFE in North Royalton, a suburb of Cleveland. How do I know? It's in my garage! We got it a few months ago, former Ford fleet car out of MI with less than 800 miles. Very happy with it. We saw the white one at the Clean Transport event on the lake and found our own.

Twinstangs said:
We saw the white one at the Clean Transport event on the lake and found our own.
That very well may have been me. I don't recall another white FFE at The Clean Transportation Cruise In.
Congrats on your new FFE

Pearl said:
Twinstangs said:
We saw the white one at the Clean Transport event on the lake and found our own.
That very well may have been me. I don't recall another white FFE at The Clean Transportation Cruise In.
Congrats on your new FFE

Thanks! We use our new rooftop solar panels to feed the grid - just got the system on line a week ago. We figure each year we should be net neutral - input as much to the power grid as we take out to power our house and, of course, charge our FFE.

Back