Where is the 2017 Focus Electric???

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So now we know that the 2017 FFE exists why not a new thread dedicated to it.

There are already two "unrelated" threads on this and it's hard to follow both.

Alphaman said:
Nope, definitely monthly. You're from Canadia, so you get smarter financing options.

I thought of that after I posted.

I can't comment on how much smarter the financing is here, but you get way insaner purchase incentives down there.

I am in the process of ordering Focus electric here in Toronto. I saw some post regarding the leather seat option. I am still not sure if I should get the leather seats. What would you guys recommend? Leather or fabric?

Fordster said:
I am in the process of ordering Focus electric here in Toronto. I saw some post regarding the leather seat option. I am still not sure if I should get the leather seats. What would you guys recommend? Leather or fabric?

In my experience fabric stains a lot more easily and is harder to clean than leather. I also like the feel of leather better. I always go with leather if I can get it.

Fordster said:

If you want to see my 2016 FFE, let me know. I have the leather and love it.
I don't always drive in, but I can make the special trip just for you, but you'd have to visit it at Bay & Queens Quay

Jamez said:
Fordster said:

If you want to see my 2016 FFE, let me know. I have the leather and love it.
I don't always drive in, but I can make the special trip just for you, but you'd have to visit it at Bay & Queens Quay

My wife and I are seriously considering the 2017 FFE—Summit Ford (Toronto) has the 2012 FFE and we took it for a test drive and I really liked the driveability of the vehicle.

Have they made any changes to your 2016 FFE?

Cheers!
Joseph

Briefly got to see mine when I went to sign the paperwork this evening. Unfortunately it hasn't gone through PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) yet, hence the brake rotor covers, so I'll be picking it up tomorrow after work. 1 final gasoline powered commute to go. :lol:

Have had my 2017 two days now. Absolutely love it. Never going back to ICE for a daily driver again.

I am getting under 230Wh/mile going to and from work (efficient drive in rush hour). Even in below freezing temperatures. I will easily exceed 100 miles at that rate.

Did some freeway driving today and still got great total trip economy of <250Wh/mile. Drove almost 70 miles today and still have 40% battery remaining.

It was nice pre warming the car while plugged in this morning. Air temp was 24F. Car was warm when I got in, I did not need the heat while driving. The heated seats did just fine for me.

Sync 3 works great. Zero complaints about the car. Look forward to putting real miles on it.

It looks like 2017 models are finally showing up in the states. AutoTrader has an add for a Washington state dealer that has real pictures of a 2017 model. It's probably smart to start delivering 2017 FFEs in Washington state before the Chevrolet Bolt starts selling them.

Texas FFE said:
It looks like 2017 models are finally showing up in the states. AutoTrader has an add for a Washington state dealer that has real pictures of a 2017 model. It's probably smart to start delivering 2017 FFEs in Washington state before the Chevrolet Bolt starts selling them.

I also might mention that the Washington state add shows a price for the 2017 model almost $2k below MSRP.

Jon_h said:
Just got my 2017!

20170322_101913_zpsacetxtgp.jpg

Hi Jon, that's a beautiful car! I ordered mine in Kona blue too!

Here in Canada dealer told me waiting time is around 8-12 weeks so I probably won't see the car until June

@jon_h Awesome. I'm still waiting to drive a couple other before a final commitment. Loved the 2014, great car. Hate my ICE V6 Passat Premium with all the trimmings.
Question:
24F, what range are you seeing fully charged up. How much does the range drop when you turn the heat on? Since winter driving is the most constraint on the range, I'm really curious to what range you actually get.
Did you try a DC charger yet? is it truly 75 mile sin 30 minutes? Perhaps better?.
How's the Sync 3 with carplay etc....

Great color by the way.

Back