Value charge not working after new modem installed

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daneya

I had the new modem installed about a week ago. Now, the value charge is not working. I am not able to choose between charge now and value charge. The car will only charge now. I checked and my value charge profile is still set up on the car. I tried updating the value charge from the app and website, but it will not sync. On MyFordMobile, it will not connect to my car and shows I am always "out and about" and the battery level will not sync. Any suggestions?

daneya said:
I had the new modem installed about a week ago. Now, the value charge is not working. I am not able to choose between charge now and value charge. The car will only charge now. I checked and my value charge profile is still set up on the car. I tried updating the value charge from the app and website, but it will not sync. On MyFordMobile, it will not connect to my car and shows I am always "out and about" and the battery level will not sync. Any suggestions?

I'm having the exact same issue. Mine occurred about 3 months after my modem was replaced. Car is at the dealer now. Wanted to ask (if anyone knows), if they need to replace the APIM or other computer parts, are those accessed from inside the car (so I'll know where to inspect to make sure no trim pieces were scratched, etc).

scottt said:
daneya said:

I'm having the exact same issue. Mine occurred about 3 months after my modem was replaced. Car is at the dealer now. Wanted to ask (if anyone knows), if they need to replace the APIM or other computer parts, are those accessed from inside the car (so I'll know where to inspect to make sure no trim pieces were scratched, etc).

The APIM is mounted to the back of the touchscreen. So if it's replaced, the shifter bezel, and a few panels surrounding the touchscreen are removed for access.

Thanks for the info.

They are going to replace the TCU. We'll see if that fixes the problem.

Back