FFE 2017 No modem serial number

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeyfraser

Hello,

I have tried to add my new FFE 2017 to My Ford Mobile account and there is no message in my car to confirm my account. I have tried with my dealer and they said that it could take some days to get activated. I don't really trust them, they don't know much about electric cars.

I have noticed that my car does not display a serial number for the modem in the settings. I know someone else with a FFE 2017 and he has a modem serial number and his Ford Mobile account was working on day 1.

I have tried to reset Sync Software in my car and I still have the issue.

I will call my dealer tomorrow morning, if someone had a similar issue please reply to my message.

Thanks.

Don't have a 2017, sorry. However, getting my ford mobile to work is frustrating. Ford makes you jump through a lot of hoops. You really have to wait the 24 hours after you confirm access in the car. Just be sure to do everything in the order listed and make sure you don't miss a step.

Sometimes weird things can happen. Even though I dislike Ford software support, you might call them. There might be something they have to reset on their end.

I did the steps in order with my dealer on Friday evening. Sunday morning I have decided to delete my account, reset My Sync settings in the car, create a new Ford Mobile Account, assign my car and I did not receive a confirmation message.

It is weird that there is no serial number for the modem. I will call the Ford Mobile Support today.

Thanks for your input.

I have a 2017 and the process was without a hitch. Shortly after adding the car on MFM with its VIN, I turned on the car and got a prompt to allow access to my email address. I then got limited access on MFM. Over 24 hours later, I got the second prompt, which unlocked full access on MFM. The modem ID thing you mentioned is probably the issue. Maybe the modem is not working, which would definitely explain your issue.

I feel bad about replying since I have nothing to add!

My Ford Mobile Customer Service gave me the information on how to reset the modem. I will go to my dealership tomorrow morning and hope that it will work!

joeyfraser said:
My Ford Mobile Customer Service gave me the information on how to reset the modem. I will go to my dealership tomorrow morning and hope that it will work!

Care to share?! ;)

The reset procedure have worked this morning! : :D
In case that you cannot see your modem serial number, the dealership needs to pull and reinsert the F1 Fuse located near of the left rear wheel.
I am happy now I have access to My Ford Mobile features! :cool:
Thanks for your support!

joeyfraser said:
The reset procedure have worked this morning! : :D
In case that you cannot see your modem serial number, the dealership needs to pull and reinsert the F1 Fuse located near of the left rear wheel.
I am happy now I have access to My Ford Mobile features! :cool:
Thanks for your support!

I saw a service message to dealers mentioning that if a 3G modem was using a 2G network at some point, when the networks transitioned them off, it may cause the modem to become stuck. So the resolution was to remove the fuse for it, for 5 mins. Perhaps that's what happened with yours.

Back