Where is the 2017 Focus Electric???

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually like the leather, and I'm okay with the colour & pattern. I did not like the cloth.

The red 2017 I "had" was built as a base model with the cloth, and missing things like the interior light kit (which I thought was strange), it gave a feeling of "cheapness" to the car that I don't get with my 2016 FFE

I didnt even know the interior lighting (colour change LED and vanity mirror lights) were and option

Jamez said:
I actually like the leather, and I'm okay with the colour & pattern. I did not like the cloth.

The red 2017 I "had" was built as a base model with the cloth, and missing things like the interior light kit (which I thought was strange), it gave a feeling of "cheapness" to the car that I don't get with my 2016 FFE

I didnt even know the interior lighting (colour change LED and vanity mirror lights) were and option
Had?

And the "Ambient Lighting" is standard on the FFE, and is shown on the window sticker of the 2017 VIN you gave me.

I had first right of refusal on it. I declined to buy it.

I have photos of the top roof area where the colour changing dial is missing, and we verified that the vanity mirrors did not light up.

Konowl said:
Are the leather seats quality leather or the cheap pleather crap? Deciding if i want base model or leather seats.

I should also note that only the leather seats come with power (driver only). The Reprieve cloth ones are manual.

Jamez said:
I had first right of refusal on it. I declined to buy it.

I have photos of the top roof area where the colour changing dial is missing, and we verified that the vanity mirrors did not light up.
Hmm, wonder if the controls were been moved to SYNC only. Otherwise, could be a misbuild.

What are you going to do now? Order or wait for another one?

I have my 2016.
If I was to buy another EV at the moment it would be an Ioniq, but I don't have an urgent need for a 5th car right now.

fbitz777 said:
aren't you glad you can now order green color?

http://insideevs.com/ford-focus-ev-gets-new-outrageous-green-paint-color/
Lol, what portion of the FFE market rates caring for the environment #1 in list of reasons for buying??

awefulspeller said:
fbitz777 said:
aren't you glad you can now order green color?

http://insideevs.com/ford-focus-ev-gets-new-outrageous-green-paint-color/
Lol, what portion of the FFE market rates caring for the environment #1 in list of reasons for buying??

My carbon footprint, and reducing it, is one of many reasons I am going electric. I think that can be said for many early EV adopters.

Konowl said:
Are the leather seats quality leather or the cheap pleather crap? Deciding if i want base model or leather seats.
I wouldn't say that the seats are "cheap pleather", they ARE genuine leather, but not up to the quality of the seats in my C-Max, according me. Still durable and comfortable, just not as soft.

cutler03gt said:
I've not felt them in person, but really don't care for the pattern. The Reprieve cloth is pretty cool though. Not sure how it holds up, but seems robust.

I feel exactly the same way. "At Ford, we have the technology to make leather look like cheap polyester."

I was planning leather, but took cloth because it allowed me to choose a car that was already in the queue. (This allows me to get a car in less than 90 days, giving me enough time to take advantage of a $6000 incentive to scrap my old car.)

On seeing that photo, I don't really regret getting the cloth. There are aftermarket leather installers, where I can actually choose my leather and be assured of some quality.

I'm still trying to find a dealership willing to lease one to me. I've been to 4 so far, and have gotten the run-around. They start off all warm and fuzzy -- "yeah, we'll get that built for you!" -- but when it comes time to talk the price of the lease, the $240 quoted on Ford's site all of a sudden becomes $460 or $480. And then the dealer goes quiet, and never returns my emails.
Has anyone in the southeast US been able to order one at Ford's lease price? If so, what dealership did you use? It would be great to find a dealership that knew how to spell "EV"...

The leather seats also have more cushion and support and lumbar support (driver's seat). It's not just the outside skin that's different. The seat itself is different.

Alphaman said:
but when it comes time to talk the price of the lease, the $240 quoted on Ford's site all of a sudden becomes $460 or $480.

Is this perhaps the difference between bi-weekly and monthly prices? The online estimators default to bi-weekly; perhaps the dealers are quoting you monthly prices.

You might want to consider 72-month financing instead. At 0%, you will probably be at a point in about three years where the resale value matches what you owe.

And then the dealer goes quiet, and never returns my emails.

I've noticed that car dealers don't seem to get email etiquette, and tend not to respond to email.

damania said:
The leather seats also have more cushion and support and lumbar support (driver's seat). It's not just the outside skin that's different. The seat itself is different.

Hmm. I wish they'd specify that on their "build" page. I didn't even know about the electric controls (which I don't really care about anyway).

Oh well. No sense crying over spilled mlk. As long as it's as good as an entry-level 2003 Civic, I should be fine. :)

ghiebert said:
Alphaman said:
but when it comes time to talk the price of the lease, the $240 quoted on Ford's site all of a sudden becomes $460 or $480.

Is this perhaps the difference between bi-weekly and monthly prices? The online estimators default to bi-weekly; perhaps the dealers are quoting you monthly prices.

Nope, definitely monthly. You're from Canadia, so you get smarter financing options.

publicpreview.php

Back