An online Ford Focus Electric Forum discussion group

It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: ST bumper swap?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:21 pm 

I was digging around on fordparts.com and found the part number for the 2012 ST bumper.
In the diagram for the 2012 BEV and ST they share the same part that sits between the bumper cover and the frame (what the bumper cover screws into as far as I can tell).

ImageImage

Part # 17E814 is the one I am referring to. Anyone else have any thoughts on if this would work or not? I can not seem to find much information if anyone had done this or not.

PS: If anyone has any ideas on how to make the stock BEV bumper look more aggressive please post them. I am really just interested in a sportier look.

Post subject: Re: ST bumper swap?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:49 pm 

No idea about the fascia. I recall somebody asking if they could put the regular Focus fascia on and the answer was no. Something about parts not lining up correctly - maybe the headlights or hood. Even if the mount points are the same, I think there were some other differences.

About your other question for mods - look for any threads or posts by studio460. Two years ago he was super excited about his car and did a whole bunch of things to it. So many I can't even remember. He posted a bunch of pictures also.

2014 Tesla Model S 85

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:44 pm 

I do know of the post you are talking about. The difference I think is that that person was wanting a newer version of the ST bumper that did not have the cut out for the Ford logo.
I did do more research and it looks like it is not as simple as just buying the bumper cover. I would have to buy the grill as well as fog light inserts and a few other parts to get the complete look of the ST.

Appreciate the info on studio460

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:50 pm 

Soooo I got bored and thought of an idea. Our gas powered brothers seem to look more aggressive due to blacked out grills with the addition of fog lights.
Now adding fog lights to our bumpers would be too much work just to get a certain look that I want so I thought about doing this.

Where fog likes would have been I would probably mask out and plastidip the area. Seems like the easiest route to go.
Would also like to add a front splitter, but not sure which one would work. Obviously, no one makes it for the EV version of the car.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:25 am 

Focused_Rob wrote:
Soooo I got bored and thought of an idea. Our gas powered brothers seem to look more aggressive due to blacked out grills with the addition of fog lights.
Now adding fog lights to our bumpers would be too much work just to get a certain look that I want so I thought about doing this.

Where fog likes would have been I would probably mask out and plastidip the area. Seems like the easiest route to go.
Would also like to add a front splitter, but not sure which one would work. Obviously, no one makes it for the EV version of the car.

I have been wanting to plastidip my "grille" for a while now. But, if I did it, I think I'd also black out the chrome surround as well as the center part. I've noticed that in a couple of areas the black paint on my stock part is starting to chip off, which is increasing my desire to do this. Now to just find the time.....

Keith

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:08 am 

I just miss the ST spoiler. They could make a sportier looking version of this car.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:09 pm 

Streetfocus wrote:
I just miss the ST spoiler. They could make a sportier looking version of this car.

Funny you mention that - studio460 did exactly that, installed the ST rear spoiler on the FFE. It is in here somewhere.

2014 Tesla Model S 85

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:29 pm 

Streetfocus wrote:

Ever seen the RS spoiler? My son has a RS, and if you want to talk sporty......

See my post elsewhere on this forum comparing the FFE with the RS, including pictures.

Keith

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:06 pm 

I plasti dipped my grill. But I also have a black car, dark windows, and plasti dipped my chrome belt mouldings so it was an easy decision.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:30 pm 

OK, that's looks awesome. I'm inspired to do that to my car now.....

Thanks,

Keith