New 2016 FFEs for less than $20,000 before tax credit!!!

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas FFE

AutoTrader has a bunch of 2016 Focus Electrics listed for less than $20,000!!! Ford must be getting serious about clearing out 2016 models to make room for 2017 models. The deep price cuts must be working because new FFEs inventory has been dropping really quickly recently.

I might point out that if you want one of these great deals but don't live close to one of the dealers don't let that stop you. New Bolt owners that didn't want to wait for the Bolt to be sold in their state had the Bolt shipped in for a few hundred dollars. If you are going to be saving thousands by buy a FFE out of state then shipping for a few hundred dollars shouldn't matter.

By gosh you are right. There aren't any in the Chicago area. But wow - 1500 miles from Chicago and there are a bunch of them around $20,000. That's a darn good find.

If you count the $7500 tax credit - that's a $12,500 car. Not too shabby.

I see one reason why they are cheap - there is a $2,000 incentive program, in addition to the dealer probably wanting to sell them.

To get to that price it looks like they are throwing in every rebate including the $500 American Quarter Horse membership requirement.

fbitz777 said:
not sure 20k is a great price; I got quoted 27k on a '17 FFE and I think the extra battery size makes it worth it.

If you can live with the EPA range of 76 miles, you'd save yourself 7000 bucks over the new 33.5kw battery of the 2017. that's a big chunk of clams

I see usually the Ford customer cash deals are only for those who finance thru Ford to buy the car.
Are there ever any Ford discount deals if you buy an FFE with cash no financing?

NightHawk said:
I see usually the Ford customer cash deals are only for those who finance thru Ford to buy the car.
Are there ever any Ford discount deals if you buy an FFE with cash no financing?

What I did to get the Ford discount was finance a small amount (I think I did $7500), then pay it off in two months. Minimal interest payments (particularly since I qualified for 0.9%), well worth the rebate.

Remember also that (assuming you live in a state with sales tax) that you'll pay fees on the "before rebates" price, both for sales tax and registration fees.

Keith

triangles said:
I didn't know the "bonus cash" required you to finance. Is this something new or has it always been that way?

Rebates can vary. When I bought my 2013 Grand Caravan, there was a $500 rebate for financing thru Chrysler's financial arm. I paid it off the second the account was created.

When I got my Mini, I had a coupon/rebate for $1500 off, and BMW would make the first month's payment (up to $500). So I got a loan that would make the payments over $500, and when BMW paid the first payment, I immediately paid the rest off.

Now, with my 2015 FFE, I got 0% for 5 years, so I didn't put a dime down, and I have no intention of paying it off early.

Back